Bannan and Westwood suffer more injury setbacks

Todays press conference saw Jos Luhukay tell the fans that Barry Bannan and Kieran Westwood have suffered yet more injury setbacks on their road to recovery

Bannan hasn't been training with the team admitted Jos. He was training with the first team but suffered a breakdown in training and is now back working full time with the medical team

Westwood suffered a very similar fate and the return dates of the two players are now unknown

Tom Lees and Van Aken are expected to be back training with the squad next week however so a glimmer of good news there

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Beyond a joke really isn’t it ....

we need bannan back , Westwood really isn’t an issue 

.Your right. Its got past the farcical stage now. Its so esay to start losing interest with all this going off. I dont buy it that all these are injury set backs. Light jogging and your knackered again. Nah. 

What is he matter with our training schedule? It would appear that we are suffering mORE injuries in training after supposed recuperation. than we do in actual matches? Something is gravely amiss when we have playerS who are getting injured in training when supposedly coming back from injury. It is not just the one, but seems to be a recurring situation. A player gets an injury in a match. He has a spell recuperating from that injury, goes back to training and gets injured before he's even sepped onto the field of play.

There is something radically wrong with either our medical staff or process,or our training regime. One or the other. The only other conclusion that can be drawn is that the players themselves are "not fit for purpose", in other words, the regime is too tough for our fragile plants.

7 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

Love Barry Bannan, but the fact is he has 1 goal and 2 assists this season

Would be great to see him back...but I wish he would score more often...his head goes whenever in sight of goal!

It is hard to score from our own half though

• Haha 1

I know it's the wrong attitude to have but I've got to the stage where I'm passed caring.

This season is over, we're not going to make the playoffs or get relegated (probably).

Let the youngsters and fringe players get some games under their belts. Get the rest of the squad fully and properly fit for next season and hop aboard HMS p!ss the league as it sets sail for the 2018/19 season.

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

This is the least surprising news since Dale Winton confirmed that he was gay.

You'd better have some pretty good proof here to sustantiate this claim ???lol

23 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's not....is he?

FFS.

Don't believe everything you read ....

This is not a lead for you to make a t shirt gag .....

FFS ......

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Makes our inactivity in the transfer window more concerning if this information was known. We have defensive players coming back (which is great) but we have nothing going forward, literally nothing.

Another blank this weekend and I think we’ll

be forced into the loans market in order to stave off relegation.