#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, canyoujust said:

Might as well close this thread as we ain't signing anyone 

Aye it’s fetting the point where I want to say this thread is in the wrong section. It’s really rrelevant to us. 

Edited by Mardy Bum

Being a well run football club means selling players as well as buying them. Some clubs do this really well (our neighbours for one) and it generates extra prifit that can't be sought elsewhere. It's no good us just keep holding onto the likes of Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Lees etc until their contracts finally run out and we lose them for nothing or they hit their 30s and their value depreciates dramatically. 

Name me me a football club (apart from us) that doesn't seem to cash in on players at times? Even the top clubs do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Being a well run football club means selling players as well as buying them. Some clubs do this really well (our neighbours for one) and it generates extra prifit that can't be sought elsewhere. It's no good us just keep holding onto the likes of Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Lees etc until their contracts finally run out and we lose them for nothing or they hit their 30s and their value depreciates dramatically. 

Name me me a football club (apart from us) that doesn't seem to cash in on players at times? Even the top clubs do it. 

But does it benefit them though.

Derby sell there best player to buy new ones every year.

Everybody waxing lyrical because they are signing Marriott and Waghorn.

They are selling Vydra to do so though the leagues top scorer last season

Give me Vydra over those two any day.

Southampton aswell same can be said about Spurs in the past. 

If you keep selling your best players one thing happens to you. You get worse.

Or should I have said you dont get any better.

Edited by pazowl55

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

But does it benefit them though.

Derby sell there best player to buy new ones every year.

Everybody waxing lyrical because they are signing Marriott and Waghorn.

They are selling Vydra to do so though the leagues top scorer last season

Give me Vydra over those two any day.

Southampton aswell same can be said about Spurs in the past. 

If you keep selling your best players one thing happens to you. You get worse.

I don't mean let's just cash in on all of them right now, it's knowing when to cash in and at the best price. Take Forestieri when he had his Norwich spat, you'd have got more money for him then than you would now. In that time since he hasn't been amazing and also injured a fair bit.

Vydra was top scorer last season but the year before at Reading was 3 goals in 31 games so again,it's knowing the time to cash in. That's the point I'm trying to make, they'll sell him for a profit and he did well for them in that time getting to the playoffs. Marriott is younger, cheaper and has the potential to double his worth with a decent season. If that were us we'd spend it on a Fletcher type player.

Also Derby's season tickets are half what ours are and they still manage to finish well year on year so not the worst thing to do to refresh every now and again.

Edited by Junk Smuggler
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not Wednesday related but Fulham sign Schürrle. Would bloody have loved us to have got to the prem and been in with a shout of signing players like that. 

Just shows what winning the play off final can do for you. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Wish I’d never started this thread, its been a bloody curse.

You're barred! Get outta my megapub! 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

You're barred! Get outta my megapub! 

Is there an equivalent of a rain dance to get the action started Wily?

If so, it probably involves nudity, woods, and dancing round trees at full moon or summat

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, theowlsman said:

Is there an equivalent of a rain dance to get the action started Wily?

If so, it probably involves nudity, woods, and dancing round trees at full moon or summat

My kinda party! Unless we shift some shybo, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Our squad is huge and we're running outta time to change it up. Seems that Hunt & Rhodes were casualties to balance the books, but not enough to bring someone in.