#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But they are playing the game so team down over price them for players. But we bought Rhodes on a 4 year deal for £8m then only release £2m of his fee each year. Derby do the same and the £20m will only be £5m in their accounts but if they get £8m for Vydra they will be £3m up.

Across at Hillsborough DC is telling anyone who will listen that he cannot invest any money because of FFP, so the knock on effect will be any offers for players will be vastly reduced.

It still raises some questions for derby fans given that the talk was of being unable to move on older players and being unable to spend. I get the transfer fees are amortised but wages aren’t, they’ve signed or are about to sign 4/5 players. Nixon suggests they are risking it and trying to sell others after. I suspect a nugent loan to the blades.

2 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Leeds signing Barry Douglas from Wolves.

Best left back in the Championship last year.

With Wolves signing some real quality this summer they will no doubt be letting some of last seasons promotion team leave, wish we would go in for a few of them.

On 23/07/2018 at 22:35, Athelwulf said:

And there's something else Farage ain't wrong about.

Mass migration from Europe pushes down wages.

Two people for one job = power in the hands of the employer.

Two jobs for one person = power in the hands of the worker.

That's why the common people rose out of serfdom after the Black Death, because the workforce was so diminished.

It's like the early 80s with 3.5 million people out of work and too few jobs to go round, and asking that drowning man where he works.

OK, you can understand the Tories favouring it because it helps business by boosting their profits, but how can Labour sanction it?

Up the workers my bottom.

It's about supply and demand.

Diamonds are valuable because's they're rare.

If they were lying around all over the place then they'd be next to worthless.

We need skilled migrants, but I find it incredible that people in working class areas would vote for any party willing to permit the mass ingress of unskilled labour.

It's like a turkey voting for Christmas.

Bizarre.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's about supply and demand.

Diamonds are valuable because's they're rare.

If they were lying around all over the place then they'd be next to worthless.

We need skilled migrants, but I find it incredible that people in working class areas would vote for any party willing to permit the mass ingress of unskilled labour.

It's like a turkey voting for Christmas.

Bizarre.

Turkey voting for Christmas, brilliant :tango: 

55 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Exactly what we need

Wolves doing great business, with ins and outs.

Douglas starred last year, but they know full well at 28, he isn't likely to get any better and rather than giving him a year in the Prem out of being loyal to him, they've shipped him out for a good fee.

Also will be a great signing for Leeds.

No worries though, we have Fox.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

The only difference from Leeds, Derby and Us is they have sold players we have accumulated players and sold no one.

The difference between 91 league clubs and Us is that our chairman believes that the players are part of his family. Smart cookie.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

It still raises some questions for derby fans given that the talk was of being unable to move on older players and being unable to spend. I get the transfer fees are amortised but wages aren’t, they’ve signed or are about to sign 4/5 players. Nixon suggests they are risking it and trying to sell others after. I suspect a nugent loan to the blades.

Probably have a plan to offload butterfield back to us.

WTF:

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whoever negotiated that deal at Ipswich for Waghorn should be immediately placed in charge of the Brexit negotiations. 

Does make you wonder what crazy price we may get if we wanted to sell some of our very best players.