A game of two sets of supporters

It seems to me that a lot of Our fans don't seem to have any clue how good we have played since Jos came in, they slate our players left right and centre. We have had three clean sheets against (two in the top 6), blooded young players and have seen a massive improvement in our performance. We will start seeing the Owls get some goals, Jos cannot sort everything out in a few weeks.  Give everyone a chance - although I know a lot of our supporter have no patience at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

They wanted Carlos out after we finished 4th so Jos has no chance. 

4 clean sheets on the trot so they might lay off the defence for a while.  

Wanted Carlos out after twice losing the play-offs with barely a whimper might be more accurate.Also seeing a side like Cardiff up in 3rd who look so average shows how bad it got.

Jos has actually embarrassed Carlos with his professionalism so far.New manager or not some players simply were not and won't ever be good enough for a top 6 (2) side.They'll get criticised which is every fans right.

8 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Rather cynical that isn't it?

I saw a minority raising concerns about Carlos pre finishing 4th, it gradually built throughout this season to a point where I'd say 99% of fans and pundits thought he'd lost the plot.

We hardly hounded him out of a job, he did most of it himself despite the spin you'll hear.

Anyway, it's gone now so lets move on

27 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

It seems to me that a lot of Our fans don't seem to have any clue how good we have played since Jos came in, they slate our players left right and centre. We have had three clean sheets against (two in the top 6), blooded young players and have seen a massive improvement in our performance. We will start seeing the Owls get some goals, Jos cannot sort everything out in a few weeks.  Give everyone a chance - although I know a lot of our supporter have no patience at all.

Sheffield United wasn't in the top 6.

8 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Everyone around me (and me) were pretty pleased with the performance and results. Heard a few groans when Jones (the new scapegoat) got it wrong a few times but on the whole I thought the mood was positive?

Jones did Ok.

AR was the scapegoat shows how wrong some Wednesday fans are.Would not be surprised if a premier side came in for AR.

Guest Grez Bez

I didn't realise how many Wednesdayites didn't actually watch the game until Owlstalk was created.

Far too many opinions based on emotion rather than logic.

48 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

"They" ???

He resigned and got a job straightaway, all a bit Mark Fish 

Edited by modboy

51 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Too bloody right...why aren't we top yet?..Jos out

21 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think we have a system that is serving us well!

We still created more chances today than in most games under Carlos!

Play like we did today with everyone fit and we would have beaten Cardiff white easily!

Exactly and for the majority of games this season Carlos still had the option of some of our best creative players like Bannan and Hooper. We look far more solid at the back despite having to chop and change due to the availability of players and should have scored a couple today.

What I've seen since he came in has been good effort from the players and very good organisation.  

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

I wanted Carlos out after that dismal display in the semi finals. I, amongst many, could clearly see where we were heading

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Patently not 'supporters' if they can't see that.  Reckon Owlstalk has been taken over by aliens....

Its all about sorting the men from the boys this season, summer is when the real action will begin, its easy to be impatient and ime as bad as anyone but we cant expect Jos to turn things around instantly, lets get behind the man and make him want to do the business for the fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Didn't hear any moaning mi sen. In fact the only moan I've heard is this post.