The pitch at Hillsborough

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

The only problem with the pitch was the snow landing on it.

We need a roof on Hillsborough!

I was sat at the back of the South, and when the blizzard started even I got snow on me.

Nothing you can do about those conditions, and it doesn't happen that often.....

Pitch looked Ok from my (temp) seat...at the back of the South.

Those of us who were at the mad Bristol 3-2 game last year, with the epic thunderstorms beforehand, will know the pitch copes fine with more or less anything.

It had about two inches of standing water on it at 7.30pm, and they managed to get it shipshape for 7.45pm by basically kicking all the water into row A of the North.

lol

So in conclusion, the OP said the pitch looks poor, and posted this before dawn on Thursday morning, and then it turns out that he hadn't actually been to the match, hasn't seen the pitch and was basing this comment/thread on something that somebody apparently said on the radio during a blizzard on Tuesday night.

No further questions m'lud.

It's not quite as bad as his random brainfart thread last week saying we should apparently respect United for showing more ambition than us, but it's certainly competitive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

So in conclusion, the OP said the pitch looks poor, and posted this before dawn on Thursday morning, and then it turns out that he hadn't actually been to the match, hasn't seen the pitch and was basing this comment/thread on something that somebody apparently said on the radio during a blizzard on Tuesday night.

No further questions m'lud.

It's not quite as bad as his random brainfart thread last week saying we should apparently respect United for showing more ambition than us, but it's certainly competitive.

Great name for a new owlstalk poster...

lolno doubt an expert could come up with an appropriate Avatar to suit ....