The pitch at Hillsborough

28 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

Looks like our famous medical staff's been at it, poor

Funny, i was thinking quite the opposite. It's often a mud bath at this time of year.

Its winter, what do you expect, a perfect playing surface?..

Edited by slinger208b
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Funny, i was thinking quite the opposite. It's often a mud bath at this time of year.

Its winter, what do you expect, a perfect playing surface?..

Not really but there are better surfaces than ours in league 1 and 2.

We'd had heavy rain earlier in the day & the snow was settling on the surface causing the ball to drag. Other than that I didn't see it cutting up anywhere. The pitch is fine, three years ago the match would have been postponed or abandoned.

It’s been getting a lot of hammer in the last couple of weeks. Lots of 11v11s to get tactics right. 

The real problem is the training ground. Poor facility, poor pitches and it doesn’t stand up to any poor weather - which is a concern considering it’s location. This means the pitch at Hillsborough has been getting hammered and overused. 

• Thanks 1

Just saw the goals on TV last night - I did comment that the pitch looked poor. But with the snow and rain etc that we've had the week, not surprising it didn't look 100%. Did look mainly surface issues though

3 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

To be honest I wasn't there, so I shouldn't comment, picked it up from Radio Sheffield and what they said about it, plus Jos said something too, 

Says it all. I was there. It's fine. I smell pork. End thread please..

Edited by Peacenocchio