The pitch at Hillsborough

Said to the bloke next to me on Tuesday, we could have really done some damage to our pitch in the Carlisle match. The undersoil heating melting all the snow could have been counter-productive too. I think we have had a good pitch this season however. 

37 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So you weren’t there yet you start a disparaging thread on how the pitch ‘looked’ based on comments you ‘heard’on the radio .......... 

OT at it’s finest !

And people wonder why this site is hammered by the rest of the fan base, Numpties finding something and anything to moan about

Im sure they will be on the Sheffield forum moaning about the roads not being gritted, someone will say they wasn't that bad and they will come back with, well i actually havent been out of my bedroom for 6 months so i dont actually know just what i heard on the radio 

Tools 

37 minutes ago, CadTheOwl said:

Said to the bloke next to me on Tuesday, we could have really done some damage to our pitch in the Carlisle match. The undersoil heating melting all the snow could have been counter-productive too. I think we have had a good pitch this season however. 

The under soil heating will not have been on during the match, unless things have changed in the last few years.

there's a huge boiler under the kop/ north quad, and cannot run during games because of exhaust fumes.

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

The under soil heating will not have been on during the match, unless things have changed in the last few years.

there's a huge boiler under the kop/ north quad, and cannot run during games because of exhaust fumes.

That makes sense but didn't know that, cheers. 

Can I suggest that anyone complaining about the pitch, in fact any Wednesdayite, to buy (Shock horror) a copy of the recently released DVD entitled 

'Keep the Ball in the Bag'. It's a history of Owls '  famous journey to Wembley in the 1966 Cup Final. All the games were played AWAY, and the state of some of those pitches, especially in he goal mouth areas was something that has to be seen to be believed.

I well remember our visit to Blackburn in the sixth round, when the ate remained closed until approaching half an hour before KO. Among the first in, my face took on a look of horror when I realised the ground looked more like a swimming pool. It had drained away by the start of  the game, but I can picture on Springett walking round the goal area, digging his studs in the mud and twisting in order to drain the excess water away.

In those days, and not so long ago, it was unusual to see any pitch competely grass covered. at this time of year.There is nothing wrong with the pitch. I have been at games when, on the large screen the grass looks sparse, but this is not so.

I well remember, just before the Desso pitch was laid, we had a nigt game where the water was stood on he pitch and the ko was delayed due to the ground (Kop end) being flooded, Yet at 8pm it was perfectly playable. Don't blame the pitch for crap football ! 

There was a point in the first half during one of the little blizzards when George Boyd slid about 15 feet down in front of the south. The only mark from that was a George Boyd sized gap in the snow on the pitch. 3 years ago it could have been a George Boyd sized chunk of turf missing.

You'll be telling us next the big screen is too fuzzy. And the only spectrum 48k thing we had was better.

44 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Can I suggest that anyone complaining about the pitch, in fact any Wednesdayite, to buy (Shock horror) a copy of the recently released DVD entitled 

'Keep the Ball in the Bag'. It's a history of Owls '  famous journey to Wembley in the 1966 Cup Final. All the games were played AWAY, and the state of some of those pitches, especially in he goal mouth areas was something that has to be seen to be believed.

I well remember our visit to Blackburn in the sixth round, when the ate remained closed until approaching half an hour before KO. Among the first in, my face took on a look of horror when I realised the ground looked more like a swimming pool. It had drained away by the start of  the game, but I can picture on Springett walking round the goal area, digging his studs in the mud and twisting in order to drain the excess water away.

In those days, and not so long ago, it was unusual to see any pitch competely grass covered. at this time of year.There is nothing wrong with the pitch. I have been at games when, on the large screen the grass looks sparse, but this is not so.

I well remember, just before the Desso pitch was laid, we had a nigt game where the water was stood on he pitch and the ko was delayed due to the ground (Kop end) being flooded, Yet at 8pm it was perfectly playable. Don't blame the pitch for crap football ! 

Baseball ground Derby springs to mind 

Even in August it was a quagmire 

But didn't Clough / Taylor get them playing some lovely football on it ?

Famous quote 

"Bad workman always blames his tools" 

Hillsborough Has a Bowling green by comparison 

27 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

That's like showing an old photo of your house before it burnt down.

Surely we'd of shown a pic of that horse plop drenched, rusty, pink cladding covered eye sore of a ground in S2 if we were showing our old home?!

can you imagine if your team played at that shít hole and you went around trying to claim its superiority!... absolute madness! 

IMG_6488.JPG.8738d33589ad5a1ece9b3c8e28a5709c.JPG

:tango: 

• Haha 1