The pitch at Hillsborough

Wow, can't believe someone used RS as the evidence to have a go at the club - must be a slow news week and is the way to have a dig at the club again!!! i was there in South and looked ok to me, weather over the past week or so has been wet and horrible, don't think its stopped raining sleeting or snowing since the new years day game when it rained for 75% of the match and never stopped until Wednesday night. the pitch seemed to cope well with the weather, however, i don't expect it to be great after the game and this week has been poor weather wise. Saw photos of training on it last week also, which wont help surely in the dark wet winter months - no matter how much we spent on it, surely over use will eventually hinder it

1 hour ago, mannyowl said:

Wow, can't believe someone used RS as the evidence to have a go at the club - must be a slow news week and is the way to have a dig at the club again!!! i was there in South and looked ok to me, weather over the past week or so has been wet and horrible, don't think its stopped raining sleeting or snowing since the new years day game when it rained for 75% of the match and never stopped until Wednesday night. the pitch seemed to cope well with the weather, however, i don't expect it to be great after the game and this week has been poor weather wise. Saw photos of training on it last week also, which wont help surely in the dark wet winter months - no matter how much we spent on it, surely over use will eventually hinder it

I live next to the ground and the 'grow' lamps are on every night (orange glow in the sky). The pitch is perfect, I have no idea what the OP is on about. No wear on it at all and it's been used for training as well. The lamps make a huge difference and keep it in perfect condition all year round.

Close thread.