Joey Pelupessy

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The trouble is that after parting with 4 million for Van Aken, Dutch clubs will demand a huge chunk of money off us. Heracles want 2 million, why not just get him to sign an agreement and sign him up for free in the summer if they won't accept appreciably less? I think 2 million is OTT for such a player in the Dutch League whose contract is due to run out and who says he sees us as his dream move.

My thinking too tbh. Whilst it would be good to get him through the door, if the rumours if this sort of transfer fee being requested are true, then I don't see the point in forking out that sort of money when we can just offer him a contract and sign him for nothing in June. 

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think Lopez was on the bench and didn’t play which was a strange decision 

Anyway back onto Joey P I guess if he’s been at the club since Monday there’s a chance he will be straight into the starting line up on Saturday. 

Yeah I think Lopez was on the bench - my point was more that in general our squad was built around quite diminutive players that season, which payed off when we sweeping teams aside with really quick and exciting football, but backfired badly when we came up against much more physical sides like Hull.

The Owls have agreed a fee with Eredivisie outfit Heracles Almelo for the 24-year-old, who travelled to England yesterday.

He is due to undergo a medical and agree personal terms before the deal is finalised. 

According to the express, but then again what do they know ?

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The trouble is that after parting with 4 million for Van Aken, Dutch clubs will demand a huge chunk of money off us. Heracles want 2 million, why not just get him to sign an agreement and sign him up for free in the summer if they won't accept appreciably less? I think 2 million is OTT for such a player in the Dutch League whose contract is due to run out and who says he sees us as his dream move.

Fair point. The only thing I can think of is by leaving him to become a free agent we'd inevitably come up against competition from other clubs and his wage demands would inevitably go up, along with his agent's cut. If New York City were interested in him but have backed off we'd do well to get him while we can and not leave him with the choice or living in Sheffield or living in New York come the summer.

Problem with waiting is ,many other clubs can offer him a contract when he is a free agent. For me this player has been brought to our attention by Jos of his connections, so let's trust the manager judgement and get the deal done early , and 1.5 / 2 million is not a great amount these days in the football world, just about buys you rhoys Wiggins & Morgan fox.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The Owls have agreed a fee with Eredivisie outfit Heracles Almelo for the 24-year-old, who travelled to England yesterday.

He is due to undergo a medical and agree personal terms before the deal is finalised. 

According to the express, but then again what do they know ?

The usual Owlstalk logic that unless it’s in the Guardian or Indy it’s bound to be rubbish

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Fair point. The only thing I can think of is by leaving him to become a free agent we'd inevitably come up against competition from other clubs and his wage demands would inevitably go up, along with his agent's cut. If New York City were interested in him but have backed off we'd do well to get him while we can and not leave him with the choice or living in Sheffield or living in New York come the summer.

If you get the player to sign a pre-contractual agreement, he would not be a free agent any longer. 

Just now, Hookowl said:

The last bit of my comment was meant to be tongue in cheek not taken literally. :tango:

Sorry mate.

It’s just something on here that always grinds my gears.

Getting to be a ‘ snowflake ‘ in my old age and taking offence over nowt 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

They want £2 million .We offered £1.5 mill 

Whats half a million between friends? (come to think of it, had to walk 5 miles from school, cos a so called wouldnt lend me 5p fir the bus fare so he could stuff his gob with sweets, hope he choked on em

Edited by wednesdayok

12 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Could do with him in before saturday's match although he'll proberly start on the bench ?

Someone said he’s been in Sheffield since Monday and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been training with us this weektoo, so you never know 

33 minutes ago, saywended said:

Problem with waiting is ,many other clubs can offer him a contract when he is a free agent. For me this player has been brought to our attention by Jos of his connections, so let's trust the manager judgement and get the deal done early , and 1.5 / 2 million is not a great amount these days in the football world, just about buys you rhoys Wiggins & Morgan fox.

Or a double Bogle :ghoulguy: