Gary Madine : Cash Machine

1 hour ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Incredible. He's the sort of player who will go through a purple patch once every three years and in between will be absolute garbage.

Reminds me of Nick Blackman a couple of years back. Scored a fair few goals early in the season at Reading and us and Derby were both in for him in January; luckily he went to Derby for £3 million. Never heard of him since.

You mean at times he punches above his weight?

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Makes Adam Reach seem like a snip. Having said that I think he's playing rather well - I like this new more central position. Adds energy and legs to the midfield.

Agreed. I questioned it at the time but looks like a great bit of business now. Reach is absolutely key to our team. If he picks up an injury we're buggered

Edited by evaD

2 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Again ?

Well it was Nov.  Annoys me as I’m pretty sure had I glassed someone I’d be in a bit of bother, especially if I had his past record too !

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-wanderers-striker-gary-madine-11510450.amp

Edited by Cheffield Waynesday

2 hours ago, 1963owl said:

give over

Which one has played all season , scored goals and benefitted their team .

which one has hobbled around , scored next to know goals and earns a massive wage .

fletcher sums up the poor way the club has been run . I’m hoping signing this kind of dross is at an end now 

3 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Incredible. He's the sort of player who will go through a purple patch once every three years and in between will be absolute garbage.

Reminds me of Nick Blackman a couple of years back. Scored a fair few goals early in the season at Reading and us and Derby were both in for him in January; luckily he went to Derby for £3 million. Never heard of him since.

At maccabi tel aviv on loan, if you're worried

Different players mature and develop at different ages. The key is to sign the players before they hit their peak, so you get the best years out of them, then sell them as they start go downhill. Unfortunately over the last 18 months we have been buying players well past their best.

Back on topic Madine for all of hid tough guy antics used to get bullied by big centre backs, winning very few personal duals, I think he may have been a bit immature. From the bits I have seen of Bolton this season he does seem to have more commitment and looks have matured as a footballer, 6 million looks a bit steep for him, not because of his ability but you do feel that he is one night out away from being locked up.