Gary Madine : Cash Machine

Incredible. He's the sort of player who will go through a purple patch once every three years and in between will be absolute garbage.

Reminds me of Nick Blackman a couple of years back. Scored a fair few goals early in the season at Reading and us and Derby were both in for him in January; luckily he went to Derby for £3 million. Never heard of him since.

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.49.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.52.29.jpg

£6 Million for Madine with those stats.... so how much is Hooper worth?

Makes Adam Reach seem like a snip. Having said that I think he's playing rather well - I like this new more central position. Adds energy and legs to the midfield.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess that would make Madine and Leon Clarke a sixteen million pound strike force if paired together. Who would have thunk it?

lol

This is the scary thing about football

Leon Clarke on current form is worth a fortune

But on Friday night he was back to being the real Leon Clarke.........Utter sh!te

• Haha 1

The world has gone mad. Sooner either the FA or the government will step in to stop the stupid amounts of money thats being spaffed  on bang average players transfer fee's and wages.

Like in the NFL there should be a salary cap for young players (say under 23) and a limit to the sizes of each squad and amount of wages  paid to that squad based on the division that a club are playing in. The maximum transfer fee should be a multiple of the players annual wage.

Instead of going into the players (and agents) pockets the money could then be spent on reducing ticket prices and improving facilities.

24 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Nuhiu a far better all round footballer and attitude.

There’s a problem here ....     both strikers but 1 scores goals and 1 doesn’t 

In all honesty Madine’s career seemed destined to self implode and the Championship appeared to be a League too high, so to make a success with a struggling Bolton side is quite a turn around.  

My guess is that booze has been his Achilles heal, but hopefully he’s seen the error of his past ways. Good luck to the lad, in Division 1 he was a beast for us.

• Like 1