Jordan Rhodes..

5 minutes ago, Peake said:

7 goals in 42 Championship appearances for us, it's not good enough really. He hasn't adapted his game over the years and you have to be versatile these days, the Championship has moved on. He only seems to be of use in the box and if it's laid on a plate for him, he needs to offer more for the team.

This really is it, the quality in the championship has moved on since he last scored goals at this level As you say, he hasn’t been able to adapt his game to the modern approach What really annoys me, it was pretty obvious he wouldn’t be able to adapt, or at least it should have been to the professionals who recruited him

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely shocking footballer and we paid £10m for him

Carlos`s tactics would turn Messi into a shocking player. 

Play to Rhodes strengths and he guarantees you goals.  

34 minutes ago, debram said:

Hes finished with swfc

Only wednesdayites after witnessing the best improvement in everything in 4 days from a new manager to focus on a negative. None of players deserve any negativity after tonights performance at bramall lane. It was not rhoades best game but he still put a shift in which is a lot more than we seen before from some players this season. Surely if any player looked a weak link it was Loovens who is too slow and seems to not have the positional sense to make up for it. His sending off could have cost us the game.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This really is it, the quality in the championship has moved on since he last scored goals at this level As you say, he hasn’t been able to adapt his game to the modern approach What really annoys me, it was pretty obvious he wouldn’t be able to adapt, or at least it should have been to the professionals who recruited him

Winnall was overkill but at least it was good business. The Rhodes signing was just ludicrous. Even the most patient fans are losing faith in him now because he's not even backed up his main attribute since moving to us, his finishing. He's missed a boat load of sitters since joining us and a lot of fans don't seem to mention that. We can only beat the lack of service/confidence drum for so long. Good strikers make their own chances as well as finishing off a good cross or through ball. That's even before you start talking about off the ball play and link up play.

I'd be listening to any offers that come our way this month but if not, see if half a season under Jos improves him at all. If that fails I'd be telling his agent to band his name about for a new club in the summer.

Was very poor today, but when he's getting the ball either lumped to him, played slowly behind him and zero service it's kinda what I expect.

He put in a shift like everyone else. Get better quality in and around to support him and he will find his goalscoring touch again.

Hate to say it but if he played for united this season he wouldn't have easily been in double figures 

Guest RocketOwl
4 hours ago, Think tank said:

Weak link tonight. 

I was watching thinking how much better we would have been with Winnall up there with Joao. 

When we went down to 10 and took Rhodes off it made no difference - we were already playing with 10.

1 hour ago, Peake said:

7 goals in 42 Championship appearances for us, it's not good enough really. He hasn't adapted his game over the years and you have to be versatile these days, the Championship has moved on. He only seems to be of use in the box and if it's laid on a plate for him, he needs to offer more for the team.

Thats rhodes purpose. Its like saying Wildsmith only any use when saving shots at goal. Rhodes best skill is goal sniffing. If he trying to do other things for the team he not in the place he needed when the time comes for him to score. Rhodes getting caught up in areas of pitch that he should not be around. He could be doing this through lack of confidence, tactics or boredom !! Most likely he trying to prove his worth in areas he just not good enough in because he not getting the bread and butter service that at others clubs he has had to score his goals.

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely shocking footballer and we paid £10m for him

An expensive gamble on promotion, which shows poor judgement by the club - yes.

A player that lacks pace, strength and ariel ability for a striker - yes.

An unnecessary signing when we already had 5 first team strikers, plus Forestieri, Matias and Hirst - yes.

One of the highest paid players in the division, when the club should be concerned about FFP and P&S - don’t know but I would speculate, quite possible.

A shocking footballer - no, that’s not true.  Rhodes’ goal record throughout his career speaks for itself.  Just because Cowboy Carvalhal and Dejphon dropped a b*llock with this signing, doesn’t mean Rhodes isn’t good enough to play in the Championship.

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thats rhodes purpose. Its like saying Wildsmith only any use when saving shots at goal. Rhodes best skill is goal sniffing. If he trying to do other things for the team he not in the place he needed when the time comes for him to score. Rhodes getting caught up in areas of pitch that he should not be around. He could be doing this through lack of confidence, tactics or boredom !! Most likely he trying to prove his worth in areas he just not good enough in because he not getting the bread and butter service that at others clubs he has had to score his goals.

You can't carry anyone at this level though. You'd have to be a special player to warrant that treatment and Rhodes isn't. Like I said further up as well, he's missed far too many sitters for us which have cost us points. Maybe Jos will significantly increase his fitness, which in turn may see him become quicker and stronger and get him back to his Huddersfield form. We'll see. Personally I'd sell him if we could somehow get 75% of what we paid for him.

5 minutes ago, Twaddle said:

Like so many I want JR to do the biz for us. He won't.

Please watch the video

Does anybody see the player we have and the player thats is in the video below ?

not presently.

but that player is still in there. 

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Spot on mate. We would win more with Rhodes tap ins than the 1 in 20 joao and wallace get on target from outside box.

Often hides behind centre halves , doesn’t find space in the box , can’t just buy a player for blooming tap ins for goodness sakes 

3 hours ago, Twaddle said:

Like so many I want JR to do the biz for us. He won't.

Please watch the video

Does anybody see the player we have and the player thats is in the video below ?

Most clinical performance from a striker I think I’ve seen. 

Just need him back to play with this confidence but I do wonder if that will ever happen as each game goes by