Jordan Rhodes..

He needs service and for us to play for his strengths and he'll score - He's missed loads of sitters this season 

Perfect partner for Winnall - We tried this when they both first signed and other than the Norwich and Brum game, it was poor. We took Winnall out the side and went on a 6 game winning run

He's scored 96 goals in the Championship over the past 5 years - Every top striker the Championship has seen in that period either got promoted or earned a move to the Premier League

I am desperate for Rhodes to come good. He's our record signing, a player we've all wanted for years and seems like one of the good guys in football. I just can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, adifferentgame said:

You agree that Rhodes was in the box.

You accept that the delivery was nowhere near Rhodes.

You (hopefully) understand that a whipped ball needs to be more precise than a lofted one in order for a player to have a reasonable chance to move and intercept its trajectory.

Given the above, which of the following options is the more reasonable assessment?

- The ball from Pudil wasn't accurate enough and needed to be closer to Rhodes.

- Rhodes should be faster than Superman (ability to fly optional).

It's always someone else's fault when it comes to Rhodes. The playing style is wrong, the manager has ruined his confidence, his strike partner isn't the right one, the rest of the team don't provide him with tap-ins...

What has he done in the last 12 months that gives us reason to believe a goal avalanche is just around the corner?

Rhodes has had an horrendous 2 years, and his confidence was probably already shot when he came here.

I mean, how many forwards can play as a lone striker, in the PL, in a poor defensive 'Boro side and make a job of it? Not many, and those kinds of forwards ain't going to be playing for a club like 'Boro. There are probably only a handful of European clubs which can afford them. Rhodes time at 'Boro was doomed to failure from the off.

Rhodes is a sniffer, needs a sizeable striker alongside him, and needs the service. For most of his time here he's not had that. His confidence is shot and he's been in and out of the team.

Players like Rhodes don't rely on speed or physique, so on paper they should have a longer shelf-life than strikers who rely on those attributes.

2 minutes ago, Broom hall owl said:

Rhodes was trying to feed off scraps, but in fairness he did his bit defensively last night can’t knock the effort he and indeed all of them put in. 

He did, but that’s the minimum you’d expect from any player Shelling out the best part of £10m, surely we are right in expecting more

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I have a match tomorrow. Local venue out in the sticks near St Michael’s-on-Wyre, darkest Lancashire, Hudson Farm Fishery.

1st round of my club’s 2018 Winter League. Expecting a grueller. Had three nights of frost this week. Daytime temperature tomorrow not going to get above 5 degrees. Plus I’m at a party tonight. Can do without getting up early after a few beers.

Only bait I’m taking is micros and 4mm expanders, maggots, fluoro pinkies, plus a bit of Green F1 groundbait.

I’d be well happy with 10lbs with the conditions what they are.

If it gets too cold mate , give us a shout and I'll pop you over a flask n a nip of warm stuff to keep you going ,

Only 10 mins away

best of luck ............

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Not necessarily and let's give jos time to work with Fernando and Rhodes. 

Yes, and there needs to be more weight training as well as fitness training, Tinks.

For example Baz, FF and Lee are all good players, but too lightweight.

The German league is physical and there are some big, strong lads in those German teams.

Hopefully Jos will put more emphasis on physicality, having spent 20 years sausage-side.

Can’t knock his effort but he’s just ineffective.

would be less concerned if he was missing loads of chances - he goes games without evening having an attempt on goal.

12 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I was a big advocate of Jordan Rhodes coming but sadly it aint working at the moment. Class is permanent which he is at this level and hope jos can get all 4 cylinders fireing with him.

The problem is, this level is different to the one in which he shone

Guest RocketOwl
13 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Shouldn't have changed much in 18 months when he was smacking them in for Blackburn. Hopefully jos will sort it out 

He was on the bench in his last 6 months at Blackburn. The drought started then!

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, and there needs to be more weight training as well as fitness training, Tinks.

For example Baz, FF and Lee are all good players, but too lightweight.

The German league is physical and there are some big, strong lads in those German teams.

Hopefully Jos will put more emphasis on physicality, having spent 20 years sausage-side.

Bullshit.

German football is highly technical and much less physical.

It really is the last chance saloon for Rhodes.

Jossy won't know much about him I assume, his record was previously good but the last few seasons he hasn't done much at all. Unless he really starts to bang a few in I can't see him being given much more time here, especially now with a new manager in.