Jordan Rhodes..

24 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I just don't understand how people can still stick up for Rhodes, aye he used to be a great goalscorer, but he's shown nothing of note to suggest he'll ever get back to being one.

Even if you're 'living off scraps' there's no excuse for not closing down and putting defenders under pressure.

Over the length of his contract we'll have shelled out upwards of £16 mil, we could buy a decent player every season for the next 4 seasons on his wages alone, he's our worst signing ever imho.

How you can even suggest that he didnt run his knackers off tonight is beyond me. Can accuse him of a lot of things but that aint one of them.

On 10/01/2018 at 11:45, Gregzthe1 said:

Just like everyone else has. But moaning and admitting defeat isn't going to help or change the situation. New coach and hopefully better times to come. I am confident about Friday.

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

733FB5B6-0A1C-4B9B-9E68-3176A70D078F.jpeg

24 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Imo he is a goal scorer and nothing else. If he isn't scoring (for whatever reason) he offers very little.

Apart for... Scoring goals, ffs we wanted him, he's ours... Support him, support them all...Wednesday fans can be great but can be sh!t 

• Thanks 1

I get all the no service, give him a 2 yard tap in and he'll score stuff  but...

I just wish he'd  offer more to the team, doesn't press the opposition, never wins a flick on, never holds up etc. His most telling contributions are defensive headers from set pieces. 

did anyone actually ever see Rhodes play before he signed for us,

he's always been "lazy" ie tracking back or running about 

all he has done his entire career is bang it in the onion bag ,he's what we used to call bog liners 

I cant believe people are surprised he doesn't do owt 

Its no fluke he scored more goals in this league than anyone else. Needs confidence badly and then the right service. If we can get the best out of him he is the goal scorer that is proven to score in this division. Fresh start everyone, lets get behind all the players and manager after todays performance I will be very happy to see the commitment again in every match, the rest will come together with time and backing from the supporters

2 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

did anyone actually ever see Rhodes play before he signed for us,

he's always been "lazy" ie tracking back or running about 

all he has done his entire career is bang it in the onion bag ,he's what we used to call bog liners 

I cant believe people are surprised he doesn't do owt 

youtube has some great goals from him. He needs right service. bog liner or not I don't care when he scoring, someones got to put ball in net, and strangely its not most players strong point.

7 goals in 42 Championship appearances for us, it's not good enough really. He hasn't adapted his game over the years and you have to be versatile these days, the Championship has moved on. He only seems to be of use in the box and if it's laid on a plate for him, he needs to offer more for the team.

25 minutes ago, debram said:

Hes finished with swfc

Really - since rhodes arrived we hardly been playing forward thinking attacking football !! He not getting the opportunity to score in games and this what he needs. A change in manager, tactics and some confidence and he has the potential to score the goals to get us promotion in the future. Goal scorers are expensive specially proven scorers, and 98 championship goals were not all flukes.

• Thanks 1