Jordan Rhodes..

1 hour ago, tomm said:

Felt really sorry for him tonight. Was feeding on absolutely nothing. 

Amazed at how long I had to scroll down to see this. The guy is, and always has been a lethal finisher in the box. How much time did he spend in the opposition box tonight? Very little.

Hes not the sort of player that you can hoof / ping balls up to. It was pointless playing him with the way we setup tonight and I suspect he only got a game because we have no one else fit. 

Hopefully we keep him him long enough to find enough creativity in the team to make him chances on a regular basis. Then and only then will we see the best of him. Until we have that it’s like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree. 

1 hour ago, Think tank said:

Weak link tonight. 

I was watching thinking how much better we would have been with Winnall up there with Joao. 

Strangely Rhodes best games for us have all been when he had Winnall alongside him and was even pointed out on commentary tonight how much we missed a player like Winnall to play alongside Rhodes.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

He’s good. His arms are 50% too long, looks like a windmill.

Big up Jordan, 2018 is your year.

I really hope this is true, I like Jordan and genuinely want to see him succeed... for the club and for himself but unless jos has big plans for him I fear we need to cut our losses and sell him on for as much as we can get. Not happy to be saying it and more than happy to be proved wrong.

UTO

10 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Amazed at how long I had to scroll down to see this. The guy is, and always has been a lethal finisher in the box. How much time did he spend in the opposition box tonight? Very little.

Hes not the sort of player that you can hoof / ping balls up to. It was pointless playing him with the way we setup tonight and I suspect he only got a game because we have no one else fit. 

Hopefully we keep him him long enough to find enough creativity in the team to make him chances on a regular basis. Then and only then will we see the best of him. Until we have that it’s like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree. 

What I was trying to say but I've been in the pub since half 5 so I'll just thumbs up to this  :biggrin:

I just don't understand how people can still stick up for Rhodes, aye he used to be a great goalscorer, but he's shown nothing of note to suggest he'll ever get back to being one.

Even if you're 'living off scraps' there's no excuse for not closing down and putting defenders under pressure.

Over the length of his contract we'll have shelled out upwards of £16 mil, we could buy a decent player every season for the next 4 seasons on his wages alone, he's our worst signing ever imho.

10 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Proven goalscorer at this level he hasn't become bad overnight.  We know he's never been utilised properly, judge him when he's had the chance to play in a system that suits his talent.

Was a great goal scorer. Recent form does not suggest this and he's missed some really good chances this season that someone like Fletcher would be criticised for.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So the player that we bought when he was the second highest goalscorer in EUROPE is suddenly bad because you say so?

lol

Get real son

Stop talking knackersyards

ha ha ha

Admit it, you just made that up.......Ronaldo and Messi are peeing themselves, not to mention the other 100 players.

Edited by Weshallovercome