I don’t care if I get hate for this

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

face book?  isn't this 'ricky earp' character traceable 

this sort of stuff needs stopping but it wont be if people just tut on here and do nothing  turn the tw@ and his hard mates in 

I hope that someone's making fast work of any "report abuse" feature the FB might have.

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

Facebook and twitter. Used by complete flaps 

Absolutely 

As said previously, comments about people’s family should be off limits. I’ve got a little girl and another on the way next summer and if anyone spoke about them like this I’d rip their head off

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

face book?  isn't this 'ricky earp' character traceable 

this sort of stuff needs stopping but it wont be if people just tut on here and do nothing  turn the tw@ and his hard mates in 

Think a few Utd fans have been tracking them down and sending info to our club. Fair play. Weren't so quick to do it for their own fans for some of their deplorable acts this season but I don't want that to sound t it for tat at all, even though I realise it does. Anyway hopefully it'll be a shock to those that are thick enough to act in a similar way in the future. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

while we're at it take the photo of the stickers off here too  

I wasn’t intending to post the stickers but many posters were asking what I was referring to. Also, I got the picture from the blades forum as they posted it for a similar reason. I think personally there’s no issue with it there as hopefully the reaction toward it and the rest of the actions have been so strong  that hopefully it deters people from acting similarly.

16 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Don’t turn raising awareness into a negative thing. I didn’t intend to post the stickers but there were several asking what I was referring to. 

There has been singing, threats, fans online. The stickers were only a small portion of what has gone on and were printed after the initial abuse. Showing posters that people have been calling her names and posting it on stickers isn’t going to make the situation worse.

Well id never seen them before and neither has/ had thousands of Blades but they have now 

Feel free to neg me  again 

1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

I wasn’t intending to post the stickers but many posters were asking what I was referring to. Also, I got the picture from the blades forum as they posted it for a similar reason. I think personally there’s no issue with it there as hopefully the reaction toward it and the rest of the actions have been so strong  that hopefully it deters people from acting similarly.

ok I get that you didn't intend to compound the abuse mate but in effect you have haven't you ?

Just now, the monk said:

Well id never seen them before and neither has/ had thousands of Blades but they have now 

Feel free to neg me  again 

The photo was from their forum. I don’t want to argue or be petulant especially when there’s such an issue currently. I understand your view but people are aware of what is being said and that is posted on the stickers. Don’t feel like seeing the stickers will incentivise or provoke any negative action.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

ok I get that you didn't intend to compound the abuse mate but in effect you have haven't you ?

I wouldn’t say so. The blades felt it was acceptable to post and what was posted on the stickers wasn’t any piece of new abuse I hadn’t mentioned in my original post. Needless, if posters feel like it is detracting from the effect I am trying to have them by all means, report it and get it taken down mate.

I agree with all the above criticism of anybody who puts out this kind, or any kind, of personal abuse on Facebook, Owlstalk, Twitter or any social media platform. Its stupid and reckless and tarnishes the reputation of all fair-minded and intelligent SWFC supporters - and football supporters in general. Its only Football - its just Sport ! These things are supposed to be fun and life-enhancing and not excuses for showing hatred. I don't understand how anyone can truly hate another club or opposing players and managers. Fierce (but friendly) rivalry, fine - we can all feel that, but hatred? Come on - reserve that for ISIS, Al Qaeda, the BNP - those who truly deserve it - not sports fans and other teams' players. Idealistic? Maybe, but there's too much hatred in sport, especially football, and too much in the world generally. Maybe we should all try to dial it down a bit. Starting this Friday. We might all feel better for it.

I have literally no idea of the background to this but given that some of our “fans” were apparently involved in abuse of our own Chairman’s family this further low follows a similar pattern of vile behaviour.

Unspeakable and indefensible. Families must be off limits.

What a fantastic thread well done owls! To target a young girl just because her dad manages United is deplorable. However seeing this reaction is fantastic, both clubs have an element of idiots who drag the clubs name through the mud. It’s only a minority but this minority are the ones usually shouting their mouths off behind the safety of their computer.

At the end of the day it’s only football and we are all pretty much made of the same stuff regardless of who we support. I have never been so proud as when there was a minutes silence for the 2 lads who tragically died in a car crash and United fans had made a banner with their name on. I’m 100% sure the sentiment would be reciprocated. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Supersonic1978 said:

What a fantastic thread well done owls! To target a young girl just because her dad manages United is deplorable. However seeing this reaction is fantastic, both clubs have an element of idiots who drag the clubs name through the mud. It’s only a minority but this minority are the ones usually shouting their mouths off behind the safety of their computer.

At the end of the day it’s only football and we are all pretty much made of the same stuff regardless of who we support. I have never been so proud as when there was a minutes silence for the 2 lads who tragically died in a car crash and United fans had made a banner with their name on. I’m 100% sure the sentiment would be reciprocated. 

Whether Wednesday or United this is absolutely disgusting. A man's under 16 year old daughter abused because of who her Dad manages. I am ashamed that these scum bags call them themselves Wednesday fans. 

It makes me sick to think what this young lady is going through. 

Name and shame them!!!!!! 

It was very loud in the concourse at Carlisle, thick horrible ar$seholes. I turned to someone and said I thought we were better than that, he replied saying so did I. We really have got some plebs that follow our club.

if anyone signs that next to me Friday il be reporting it

Just now, hopevalleyowl said:

It was very loud in the concourse at Carlisle, thick horrible ar$seholes. I turned to someone and said I thought we were better than that, he replied saying so did I. We really have got some plebs that follow our club.

if anyone signs that next to me Friday il be reporting it

Good man. Hopefully this post has brought some awareness as I know others have tried to do on Twitter. Others I hope would join you.