Prediction - no-one will take up the offer of a refund

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is in a position of authority at a professional club that he plans to take into the top echelons of the the English game. Instead of responding in kind to a few drunken rants in the middle of the night he should have ignored them and it would all get forgotten instead of blown out of proportion. He got this one wrong.

If only it were a few drunken rants in the middle of the night.

Use this site as an example, it’s the same members of the ‘glass half empty’ brigade that  for whatever reason, post negativity, post after post, thread after thread !

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

If only it were a few drunken rants in the middle of the night.

Use this site as an example, it’s the same members of the ‘glass half empty’ brigade that  for whatever reason, post negativity, post after post, thread after thread !

But it's hardly a significant number is it? It certainly wasn't when he put the initial statement on the website. I would be surprised if every single club, regardless of how well they are doing, didn't have someone one social media on fans forums that have ranted about wanting their money back or not going again etc, not paying to watch that, should get a refund etc on the back of one or two poor performances. The difference is 99% of clubs simply take it for what it is and leave well alone and nothing comes of it.

Do you think his approach has had any sort of positive effect?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But it's hardly a significant number is it? It certainly wasn't when he put the initial statement on the website. I would be surprised if every single club, regardless of how well they are doing, didn't have someone one social media on fans forums that have ranted about wanting their money back or not going again etc, not paying to watch that, should get a refund etc on the back of one or two poor performances. The difference is 99% of clubs simply take it for what it is and leave well alone and nothing comes of it.

Good points well made.

The Chairman will get to know, probably the hard way that this site and other forms of social media aren’t  a true reflection of the Wednesday fan base.

• Thanks 1

I think it's a brilliant move by the chairman to ban them for life!

Want a refund when 16th in championship but will be back in queue when we get promotion or wanting tickets for another Wembley final!

Support your team through thick and thin!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Malc said:

This whole sorry episode has got me wondering whether Chansiri is soft in the head.

Fans have been asked to pay eye-watering amounts of money to watch an underperforming, boring team.  A few have moaned, me included, about value for money.  

A few might even have lashed out and said they regretted buying a ST or wished they could get their money back rather than watch the rest of the season, especially when it looked like the chairman wasn’t going to change the manager.

Fair enough, it’s what fans do.  What chairman in their right mind gets so precious about it it that he not only responds to it, but then goes through with the offer with such daft conditions attached?

Not one person genuinely wanted a refund in their ST, they were just letting off steam.  All that’s going to happen is there will be zero take up, we’ll wonder what the point was and this will be well publicised and Chansiri will end up looking daft.  A pointless exercise all round.

The whole issue from start to finish from both sides of the table has been regrettable im sure. Our fans love the club but have felt frustrated. Mr. Chansiri has been ill advised on this offer.

Lets all put it to bed and get on with business. WAWAW ?

I agree it was letting off steam more than anything and DC needs to get a thicker skin rather than making an issue of it. I also think there are plenty of things to be critical of, how we have spent the money in the last season or so (spent not invested), fans are engaged with but the general mood re stripes or manager generally ignored.

But despite this the OP still raises a point about eye watering costs for a boring team. I think viewing it this way is part of the problem and the mentality needs to change as you cannot guarantee a good performance or confident team (look at Man U!). The prices have had us knocking on the door and have generally supported the club. DC has done his bit and invested too but  it hasn’t worked out people are suddenly twisting about value for money like a service is to be provided. We go into this with our eyes open, like a gamble we don’t have to renew again or pay on the day if you don’t want to. I don’t agree with high prices but I understand the reasons here.

I think both camps have been at fault and many fans don’t like being called customers and shouldn’t act like them by making cost the focal point.

Edited by Bluesteel

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree it was letting off steam more than anything and DC needs to get a thicker skin rather than making an issue of it. I also think there are plenty of things to be critical of, how we have spent the money in the last season or so (spent not invested), fans are engaged with but the general mood re stripes or manager generally ignored.

But despite this the OP still raises a point about eye watering costs for a boring team. I think viewing it this way is part of the problem and the mentality needs to change as you cannot guarantee a good performance or confident team (look at Man U!). The prices have had us knocking on the door and have generally supported the club. DC has done his bit and invested too but  it hasn’t worked out people are suddenly twisting about value for money like a service is to be provided. We go into this with our eyes open, like a gamble we don’t have to renew again or pay on the day if you don’t want to. I don’t agree with high prices but I understand the reasons here.

I think both camps have been at fault and many fans don’t like being called customers and shouldn’t act like them by making cost the focal point.

I agree that you can not guarantee a good performance or a good season. I would never seriously consider asking for a refund after a bad game or bad run.

I think we can all agree prices are too high but the Chansiri and other fans have to realise that because of this fans are going to be even more demanding then normal.

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that you can not guarantee a good performance or a good season. I would never seriously consider asking for a refund after a bad game or bad run.

I think we can all agree prices are too high but the Chansiri and other fans have to realise that because of this fans are going to be even more demanding then normal.

Yeah they are too high but I understand that is a product of a system that the powers that be nurture, ie FFP passes these costs to the fans and then in the premier league it gets worse as they don’t need the money and charge it anyway. 

In our situation I feel that we should demand more due to the money invested and the team we have as it should be doing better, but the price of a ticket isn’t the main reason for me as it’s a means to an end and I choose whether I make that mini investment or not. It’s kind of the same point but I think DC would be more receptive to fans complaining about the performance of our collective investment rather than the fact costs are high. He’s balls deep in it too. 

3 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

He probably wanted to appease those who wanted a refund...  by offering a refund. Now he's offered a refund people moan about how he offered a refund. 

What did you expect.. yeah have a full refund on your season ticket, a 50 pound Meadowhall voucher and 90% off your next season ticket?

I think there would be a big uptake on this offer! :carlos:

3 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

He's called the moaner's bluff in an attempt to silence their moaning. Good for him.

The only problem is that they have now found something else to moan about.

If we won the European Cup, some would want to moan about it. It's in their nature.

FFS let's get on with the game.

FACT. The night Forest won the European cup first time against (Roy Hodgsons?) Malmo I was with a gang led by a lifelong Tricky who treated us all to a slap up Wimpy supper (them wert days). We finally noticed he was a bit gloomy - "we should have done it with more style" he said. Given that the Owls were in the third tier at the time I gasped a gasp that was 50% envy and 50% disbelief. 

We don't have to be Buddhist to know that managing our expectations is key to football contentment- was it Confucius or Howard Wilkinson that said "hope for the best expect the worst and what happens is likely to be somewhere in between."

I think I was trying to make a point here that connected with DC somehow but I've lost mi thread! 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

Slightly off topic

In the car park at Wembley after our league cup win v ManU. An irate manu fan was going apeshit....fooookin £75 quid chucked in the bin, complete waste of foookin money...i'm gonna ask that scots twot for me money back....rant rant rant...and losing to a 2nd division pile foookin poo...(pointing to a group of wednesday fans) yes you a pile of foookin poo..i'm talking about you

Then a Wednesdayite slotted him, and he shut up lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

WE had people stating that 10,000 fans would boycott the club over shirts and prices...result record shirt sales and season ticket sales...it's social media not real life lol 

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Good points well made.

The Chairman will get to know, probably the hard way that this site and other forms of social media aren’t  a true reflection of the Wednesday fan base.

Those that wrote to the Chairman asking for refunds didn’t do it by social media to be fair 

the Chairman said they wrote in to him

theres no connection between social media and people asking for refunds

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can only assume those who said they were season ticket holders are season ticket holders. Maybe all 573 of them were lying, though. It would be an odd thing to lie about, but you never know, I suppose.

Hmm, you mean like Mr Chansiri could only assume those who asked for a refund did actually want a refund?

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course. If people went to the effort of emailing or writing a letter to him asking for a refund, why would he think they didn't mean it?

Easiest and quickest way to find out is to write straight back 

Like he did with the kid who sent him a Christmas Card

Owlstalk Shop