Prediction - no-one will take up the offer of a refund

3 minutes ago, Striggy said:

He has not threatened anyone!

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Sounds like a threat to me. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is in a position of authority at a professional club that he plans to take into the top echelons of the the English game. Instead of responding in kind to a few drunken rants in the middle of the night he should have ignored them and it would all get forgotten instead of blown out of proportion. He got this one wrong.

Well we're down to second guessing individual motives. I suspect the Chairmans response was just as tongue in cheek as the drunken rants from (fans). He called them out and got the predictable no show. 1-0 to the Chairman. Now the new CEO is on the scene but in a week the seeds are already being sewn for a campaign of vilification. It's not on, at the very least test her on her time here not the JD/remit she worked to at Charlton.   

About 12% of the season ticket holders who responded to last week's Owlstalk poll on this matter were considering asking for a refund, about half of those without waiting to hear what the conditions would be.

Given that snapshot of the fanbase, I'd be amazed if nobody took up the offer of a refund, to be honest.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

About 12% of the season ticket holders who responded to last week's Owlstalk poll on this matter were considering asking for a refund, about half of those without waiting to hear what the conditions would be.

Given that snapshot of the fanbase, I'd be amazed if nobody took up the offer of a refund, to be honest.

How do you know it was 12% of season ticket holders?

No f.ooker knows who is or isn't a season ticket holder..Half the buggers who post on here haven't been to Hillsborough since the 90's..

I get me figures from exactly the same place you do......................

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
49 minutes ago, bobness said:

Do you genuinely believe that antagonising fans is productive and that doing so has an effect only those personally affected?

No, never said that.

My point being, i would wager lots of dosh that the amount of folks wanting a refund would have been under 10-15, however, after DCs rotten conditions now being made public, i fear more will take him up on his offer.

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Sounds like a threat to me. 

Its not a threat though is it. It’s a condition, part of the deal for being allowed to cash in early on your season ticket. It is not a threat.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How do you know it was 12% of season ticket holders?

No f.ooker knows who is or isn't a season ticket holder..Half the buggers who post on here haven't been to Hillsborough since the 90's..

I get me figures from exactly the same place you do......................

I can only assume those who said they were season ticket holders are season ticket holders. Maybe all 573 of them were lying, though. It would be an odd thing to lie about, but you never know, I suppose.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Well we're down to second guessing individual motives. I suspect the Chairmans response was just as tongue in cheek as the drunken rants from (fans). He called them out and got the predictable no show. 1-0 to the Chairman. Now the new CEO is on the scene but in a week the seeds are already being sewn for a campaign of vilification. It's not on, at the very least test her on her time here not the JD/remit she worked to at Charlton.   

I've got reservations about the appointment of the CEO based on the fact that the only job she's done in English football was one that hasn't helped improve the position of the club she is at and badly went against the fan base. If she has been brought in to work to a completely different remit with us then I would have thought we could have found someone with more applicable experience.

I don't think this can be ignored but I agree there is no point in vilifying her before she has set foot in the door so to speak.

On the first point, the chairman should not be responding to the odd upset fans with tongue in cheek statements to the whole fan base on the club website that then make national sports news. The club has not come out of this well at all.  

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can only assume those who said they were season ticket holders are season ticket holders. Maybe all 573 of them were lying, though. It would be an odd thing to lie about, but you never know, I suppose.

Its not an odd thing to lie about....

Wednesday fans have skewed polls on Blades websites...skewed goal of the month etc on the internet..Its easily done mate...

Season ticket holders by nature are more loyal and first of all if they are willing to stump up in advance for the season they deserve credit for that.

However, I cannot imagine any ST holder willing to give up being able to buy any future ST's in order to access a part refund.

From a media perspective, most other football club supporters will only have seen the headline rather than the detail and on that basis get the impression that our Chairman was being overly generous.

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not an odd thing to lie about....

Wednesday fans have skewed polls on Blades websites...skewed goal of the month etc on the internet..Its easily done mate...

Yeah, they were probably all Blades, as I assume are those who've posted on here musing about whether or not to take Chansiri up on his offer, and those who emailed or wrote to Chansiri asking for refunds in the first place. Unless he was lying about that, of course. Then again, maybe he's a Blade, too.

I just don't know who to trust anymore.

Conspiracy.jpeg.3785c16b5f63343b3f79c29f35c1500c.jpeg

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

He probably wanted to appease those who wanted a refund...  by offering a refund. Now he's offered a refund people moan about how he offered a refund. 

What did you expect.. yeah have a full refund on your season ticket, a 50 pound Meadowhall voucher and 90% off your next season ticket?

You miss my point.  Nobody wanted a refund.  They wanted to let off steam about how shiit we’ve been with no change in sight.  All Chansiri had to do was keep making positive noises about it turnin round and, you know, actively get involved in turning it round.  It’s a complete own goal.

Edited by Big Malc

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So was the Chairman he is human too !

He’s the bloody chairman!  We’d have people letting off steam if we were top of the league and not won for two games - it’s what football fans do.  I just hope he’s learning from these mistakes.

34 minutes ago, Tank_owl said:

Totally appropriate conditions in my view if you are going to get a refund. I'm with DC on this.

I actually agree.  If you’re going to do something as stupid as actually offer fans a refund on their ST, you might as well also attach some stupid conditions that will be unenforceable after you’ve left.

That doesn’t detract from it being a stupid decision in the first place.

37 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There was plenty of Blades voting

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

You miss my point.  Nobody wanted a refund.  They wanted to let off steam about how shiit we’ve been with no change in sight.  All Chansiri had to do was keep making positive noises about it turnin round and, you know, actively get involved in turning it round.  It’s a complete own goal.

this.

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, they were probably all Blades, as I assume are those who've posted on here musing about whether or not to take Chansiri up on his offer, and those who emailed or wrote to Chansiri asking for refunds in the first place. Unless he was lying about that, of course. Then again, maybe he's a Blade, too.

I just don't know who to trust anymore.

Conspiracy.jpeg.3785c16b5f63343b3f79c29f35c1500c.jpeg

Post the "Who's who" then mate...

Who do you know that asked for a refund?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Post the "Who's who" then mate...

Who do you know that asked for a refund?

As I just said in another thread, I tend to assume people are telling the truth unless I have good reason to believe otherwise. Chansiri made a public statement that some season ticket holders had asked him for a refund. At the moment I don't believe Chansiri is lying about this, but perhaps you see things differently?