Prediction - no-one will take up the offer of a refund

This whole sorry episode has got me wondering whether Chansiri is soft in the head.

Fans have been asked to pay eye-watering amounts of money to watch an underperforming, boring team.  A few have moaned, me included, about value for money.  

A few might even have lashed out and said they regretted buying a ST or wished they could get their money back rather than watch the rest of the season, especially when it looked like the chairman wasn’t going to change the manager.

Fair enough, it’s what fans do.  What chairman in their right mind gets so precious about it it that he not only responds to it, but then goes through with the offer with such daft conditions attached?

Not one person genuinely wanted a refund in their ST, they were just letting off steam.  All that’s going to happen is there will be zero take up, we’ll wonder what the point was and this will be well publicised and Chansiri will end up looking daft.  A pointless exercise all round.

He probably wanted to appease those who wanted a refund...  by offering a refund. Now he's offered a refund people moan about how he offered a refund. 

What did you expect.. yeah have a full refund on your season ticket, a 50 pound Meadowhall voucher and 90% off your next season ticket?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

This whole sorry episode has got me wondering whether Chansiri is soft in the head.

Fans have been asked to pay eye-watering amounts of money to watch an underperforming, boring team.  A few have moaned, me included, about value for money.  

A few might even have lashed out and said they regretted buying a ST or wished they could get their money back rather than watch the rest of the season, especially when it looked like the chairman wasn’t going to change the manager.

Fair enough, it’s what fans do.  What chairman in their right mind gets so precious about it it that he not only responds to it, but then goes through with the offer with such daft conditions attached?

Not one person genuinely wanted a refund in their ST, they were just letting off steam.  All that’s going to happen is there will be zero take up, we’ll wonder what the point was and this will be well publicised and Chansiri will end up looking daft.  A pointless exercise all round.

So was the Chairman he is human too !

He's called the moaner's bluff in an attempt to silence their moaning. Good for him.

The only problem is that they have now found something else to moan about.

If we won the European Cup, some would want to moan about it. It's in their nature.

FFS let's get on with the game.

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, bobness said:

His conditions likely irritated them further though. 

Exactly. There might be up to as many as 10 now!

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Exactly. There might be up to as many as 10 now!

Do you genuinely believe that antagonising fans is productive and that doing so has an effect only those personally affected?

48 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

After DC`s threats , he might find a backlash with the half ST`s. 

The play off final brought with it lots of expectations. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone on that front. But it is true following this sort of thing sales swell and often people who haven’t been for years are attracted back. I can remember after the last promotion a middle aged guy and his father getting seats close to us. It was obvious they thought we were going to waltz through the Championship straight through to the premiership. His frustrations were more entertaining than the football, he argued with all around him and didn’t come again after Christmas. I believe given the chance these people would have taken a refund. I don’t believe that is a one off occurrence. 

47 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

47 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

I suspect there will be just a handful of what you might describe as genuine cases.

For instance if a fan went for the 3 year early bird ticket which was a bargain ( particularly for the over 65's), then circumstances changed.

Say illness prevents them attending or work committments change for the 3rd season.

In those circumstances a season ticket holder might try his luck for a refund.

Otherwise I agree, it was an unnecessary offer from the Chairman and hope those letting of steam will think twice.

As regards the terms and conditions I would have thought the ban on future season tickets would be easy to get around unless there are identity checks at the turnstiles.

55 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

He probably wanted to appease those who wanted a refund...  by offering a refund. Now he's offered a refund people moan about how he offered a refund. 

What did you expect.. yeah have a full refund on your season ticket, a 50 pound Meadowhall voucher and 90% off your next season ticket?

Brilliant! This made me laugh out loud - spot on!

1 hour ago, Big Malc said:

Can't believe I've 'liked' a BigMalc post... Fair play.

41 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So was the Chairman he is human too !

He is in a position of authority at a professional club that he plans to take into the top echelons of the the English game. Instead of responding in kind to a few drunken rants in the middle of the night he should have ignored them and it would all get forgotten instead of blown out of proportion. He got this one wrong.