Prediction - no-one will take up the offer of a refund

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Easiest and quickest way to find out is to write straight back 

Like he did with the kid who sent him a Christmas Card

Wasn't it easier and quicker to just offer them what they asked for and give them the chance to accept it or not? If he'd written to individual fans with this offer, the chances are it would have ended up posted on Twitter before long anyway, so it was probably easier to be upfront and open about it and offer it through the club website.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wasn't it easier and quicker to just offer them what they asked for and give them the chance to accept it or not? If he'd written to individual fans with this offer, the chances are it would have ended up posted on Twitter before long anyway, so it was probably easier to be upfront and open about it and offer it through the club website.

Nope.

There should be no refund offer anyway 

None at all

Big error from the Chairman when we least needed the fans antagonising

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope.

There should be no refund offer anyway 

None at all

Big error from the Chairman when we least needed the fans antagonising

I agree offering a refund is odd, but I can understand the thought process behind it if fans were asking for their money back and he didn't want to have unhappy fans who felt tied into something they'd rather be free of.

If he weren't going to make them an offer, what would he have written to these individual fans about though, other than to tell them to sod off!?

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I agree offering a refund is odd, but I can understand the thought process behind it if fans were asking for their money back and he didn't want to have unhappy fans who felt tied into something they'd rather be free of.

If he weren't going to make them an offer, what would he have written to these individual fans about though, other than to tell them to sod off!?

Dear you who wrote to me

Thank you so much for your later and I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy

Here's my plan on how to make Sheffield Wednesday great again..

1) xxxxxxxxxx

2) xxxxxxxxxxx

3) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So whilst I can't offer any refunds what I can do is say to you that I'm here for the long term, up for making this club successfull, aiming for the Premier League one way or another. We've appointed a new manager, a new CEO to assist me and we're up for the challenge.

Let's get cracking. TOGETHER. and make this happen

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I think it's a brilliant move by the chairman to ban them for life!

Want a refund when 16th in championship but will be back in queue when we get promotion or wanting tickets for another Wembley final!

Support your team through thick and thin!

I think it’s really regrettable that through the chaiman’s actions we are now seeing posts like this again.  The last time we saw people being delighted at supporters being ‘banned’ for holding an opinion was under the dark days of Allen et al.  I really hope Chansiri is better than that.

1 minute ago, Big Malc said:

I think it’s really regrettable that through the chaiman’s actions we are now seeing posts like this again.  The last time we saw people being delighted at supporters being ‘banned’ for holding an opinion was under the dark days of Allen et al.  I really hope Chansiri is better than that.

Well he should have never made the offer in the first place.

I wonder if he is trying to call out the fans that have criticised him?

I don't agree with every decision he makes, but I do know without him we were never going to be able to have a serious go at promotion!

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

But despite this the OP still raises a point about eye watering costs for a boring team. I think viewing it this way is part of the problem and the mentality needs to change as you cannot guarantee a good performance or confident team (look at Man U!). The prices have had us knocking on the door and have generally supported the club. DC has done his bit and invested too but  it hasn’t worked out people are suddenly twisting about value for money like a service is to be provided. We go into this with our eyes open, like a gamble we don’t have to renew again or pay on the day if you don’t want to. I don’t agree with high prices but I understand the reasons here.

I think both camps have been at fault and many fans don’t like being called customers and shouldn’t act like them by making cost the focal point.

Fans watch football for a variety of reasons.  I’ve been going long enough now to accept that we’re probably not going to win anything.  Some people are happy with a win at all costs.  So from a personal point of view, if I’m being asked to stump up £400+ per season or £30+ per match, I want to have been entertained a little - not hoping for it to all be over.  And after the first season under CC I feel it’s not an unreasonable expectation.

While I also understand the reasons for the high prices, with them comes an increased expectation.  Any chairman who’s been in this game long enough knows that when those expectations aren’t being met there will be a backlash.  He’s been advised terribly on this issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Well he should have never made the offer in the first place.

I wonder if he is trying to call out the fans that have criticised him?

I don't agree with every decision he makes, but I do know without him we were never going to be able to have a serious go at promotion!

I 100% agree he should never have made the offer.  I also think that as a professional he should be above “calling fans out”.  He can do that by delivering success, sitting back with a wry smile and saying “I told you my way would work”.

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Fans watch football for a variety of reasons.  I’ve been going long enough now to accept that we’re probably not going to win anything.  Some people are happy with a win at all costs.  So from a personal point of view, if I’m being asked to stump up £400+ per season or £30+ per match, I want to have been entertained a little - not hoping for it to all be over.  And after the first season under CC I feel it’s not an unreasonable expectation.

While I also understand the reasons for the high prices, with them comes an increased expectation.  Any chairman who’s been in this game long enough knows that when those expectations aren’t being met there will be a backlash.  He’s been advised terribly on this issue.

That’s fair enough, but I think had we done the job in the playoffs it would’ve been seen as worth it.

Forest are an example of where we could go next. Selling players, playing younger lads. Generally mid table albeit playing 3-5-2 and attacking football. I’m not sure the fan base would be happy with that either even if we did play some good entertaining football at times.

9 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Completely agree, my season ticket has gone up £120 since Chansiri came in, did I care the last two seasons? absolutely not!

Trouble is you can never guarantee anything in football and value for money goes out of the window.

if we had the cheapest tickets in the league and finished 21st, would that be value for money? possibly, would we all be happy finishing 21st, probably not!

If we had the most expensive season tickets in the league and finished first would that be value for money? Everyone would say yes in all the euphoria of winning the league and gaining promotion to the premiership. 

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dear you who wrote to me

Thank you so much for your later and I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy

Here's my plan on how to make Sheffield Wednesday great again..

1) xxxxxxxxxx

2) xxxxxxxxxxx

3) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So whilst I can't offer any refunds what I can do is say to you that I'm here for the long term, up for making this club successfull, aiming for the Premier League one way or another. We've appointed a new manager, a new CEO to assist me and we're up for the challenge.

Let's get cracking. TOGETHER. and make this happen

Hopefully that would have worked, but we've heard plenty of positive statements about our ambitions and plans during Chansiri's tenure, so there's no reason to think that a fan who's already annoyed enough to ask for a refund wouldn't still want their refund after reading a similar message.

Personally, I think he got this spot on.

If you are going to moan during the bad times and spit your dummy out - then I will make it difficult for you to enjoy the good ones.

Happen his ways have made a few Wednesday fans realise how much Wednesday actually mean to them.

8 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

If you are going to moan during the bad times and spit your dummy out - then I will make it difficult for you to enjoy the good ones.

Happen his ways have made a few Wednesday fans realise how much Wednesday actually mean to them.

This 100%.

Granted he may have made an error in making the offer - but so did the supporters who publicly asked for it. He publicly replied.

There are other ways to show your displeasure without demanding your money back. The money back conditions are right - they don't stop you watching the team in the future. What was he supposed to do? Offer them more than they paid, and a big discount for next season. I'm unhappy about the way things are at present, but I'll support the club by having another season ticket next year and the year after that etc. - the only things that would stop me would be financial or health reasons.

I agree with the OP - no-one will take this up.

Can't see anyone wanting to admit that they traded in all of their priority points and the chance to be a ST holder in future just because they were unhappy at what they've seen on the pitch this season.

I tend to agree with the OP, the uptake will be nominal, if not non-existent.

Should never have been offered. Fans fighting fans fighting DC. Not what we need right now.

41 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

What other business out there makes it difficult for customers to enjoy it?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mr Chansiri said that those who asked for refunds didn't do so publically. They wrote in to him privately.

If this is true he should have wrote back in private.

Should have also been done in conciliatory tone of saying sorry you are disappointed and if you take up refund then I hope we can welcome you back in the future. I can see how in private he might f*** em but not very dignified banning fans for any other reason then public order issues.