Rob Staton says it's a no-go with Hirst

20 hours ago, brando said:

you may be right but a very,very good player,sure he want's a fair wedge so were informed,

but when you look at what our inferior strike force are on

can you blame him?

remind me how many league goals he's scored again ? :biggrin:

Edited by quinnssweetshop

On 08/01/2018 at 19:39, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Maybe with a fresh pair of managerial eyes he would be in contention at some point.  Certainly has made it impossible for there to be any movement as he won’t be match fit to play if an agreement could be reached. 

Doesn't sound as if he'll be match or any kind of fit if he's only training occasionally with the youth teams.

Terrible waste. Can't believe he is being sensibly advised. 

He needs to be playing even if only at youth level to get the best deal for himself.

I suspect clubs might be looking at young Hirst and thinking......good prospect but trouble.

Hirst will, in 20 years time, perhaps sooner, come to understand that money is both irrelevant and infinite, and time is relevant and for life always finite, it ticks by at the same rate however rich or poor you are.

he has wasted playing time and potential he will never get back. For money he will likely never need. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Doesn't sound as if he'll be match or any kind of fit if he's only training occasionally with the youth teams.

Terrible waste. Can't believe he is being sensibly advised. 

He needs to be playing even if only at youth level to get the best deal for himself.

I suspect clubs might be looking at young Hirst and thinking......good prospect but trouble.

Can't be any worse off than Pudil, Wallace, Hunt, Loovens..............the whole team lol

However ill advised GH is/ has been ultimately he is doing what ALL pro footballers and managers do and that is look after themselves. Only time will tell whether he has messed up !!.... 

On on the face of it it doesn't look like it's been handled particularly well but I bet we don't know what's really going off behind the scenes ( CC DC etc)

35 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Most of the people on here critising hirst for looking at moving because of money no doubt would jjump at a new job for just £10 more per hour,

hell I bet most would go,for a quarter of that time ben if it meant working for Mugabe lol 

Nope.

Time is more important than money.  You never get time back.

Guest Grez Bez
7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever your stance on this matter, you’ve got to admit surely it’s wrong to stop a young player playing football for a year because of contractual differences?

Not really, this is a business negotiation.

14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever your stance on this matter, you’ve got to admit surely it’s wrong to stop a young player playing football for a year because of contractual differences?

Doesn’t send out a positive image of our club if you were to look at the bigger picture. Would you send your son to a club that stopped his development due to a contractual disagreement? I’d imagine stuff like this will be used against us by other clubs when trying to tempt young talent.

Edited by Walt

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

Doesn’t send out a positive image of our club if you were to look at the bigger picture. Would you send your son to a club that stopped his development due to a contractual disagreement? I’d imagine stuff like this will be used against us by other clubs when trying to tempt young talent.

You can turn that argument on its head though.....

Would you let an untried striker, no matter who's son it was, to dictate contractual terms..

We don't know whos right or wrong with this , cos we are not acquainted with all the facts...

9 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Not really, this is a business negotiation.

A player is an asset .and you should use your assets while ever they are employed by you. plenty of players who wont sin a contract extension still play for their clubs until they are out of contract and leave. 

Perfect example right now is Sanchez at Arsenal. He has stated he will not sign a new contract and he is free to leave in the summer, but Arsenal still play him . This Hirst situation smacks of the club cutting off their nose to spite their face because he wont sign a new deal. 

Until the end of the season he a wednesday player ,and if he can help the team get results , he should be available for selection .