Nixon- DC chasing German coach.

29 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Oh I know he got it wrong at Fulham but yeah is time in Germany was very succesful. 

Tbh I heard a few interviews from Fulham players after he left which were aimed digs at him but to me it sounded like the Fulham players just couldn't give a throw, they were quoting things like training on Sundays not being fair and too much fitness training. It sounds like the players didn't like his ways and didn't play for him. 

I was surprised tbh one of the interviews was sidwell who I thought was a model professional but he just sounded like he couldn't be arsed training. 

Not sure some of our players would take too kindly to many of the German coaches if they are u fit already, they will be in for a big shock I would imagine. 

You are correct. I actually think German and English football is streets ahead of others in terms of science around the game. English coaches for years did not bother but in last few years have really moved on and applying science to game far more. In Germany done this for last few years and also employ mind coaches similar to what British cycling does. Sam Allardyce did this at Bolton and think one or two premier sides are using techniques like this as well. Why I am not keen on coach from med area think they are now behind times, At the moment several good english coaches coming through and real progressive ones in lower divisions. We actually recruited some who were troublesome at former clubs and think some did not like training much and they found ideal coach for them. But it means you struggle every time you have second game in week even in first two seasons how many times did we not follow up good result at weekend when playing in midweek. Our players need a big shock as they are yards off where they should be.

Nixon suggests that timings and results have sped things up so presumably it is someone recently fired. Most are completely unknown to me so can’t judge, Felix Magath is the only one I’ve heard of and I think my reaction to that would be why take the risk for the sake of it?

I felt positive this PM that we were finally acknowledging that what needs to be done here isn’t over complicated, but following the lambert news I have a bad feeling about this.