What sort of loser asks for a refund?

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

there are no guarantees your right but when your chairman and manager make promises that we’re both broken then you can please understand why people are frustrated...Carlos said he would walk when he wasn’t wanted yet he stayed n milked us!! 

Chansiri promised he would do all he could within his power to progress us and push for promotion but he failed at his first true test...why did he keep Carlos when he knew he wasn’t wanted?

I can understand yes 100% hell support ing the club 38 plus years had more up and downs than a prostitutes nickers but never have i asked for a refund we choose to support our fantastic  club the best times and the bad thats why we are fans._.

Just now, RocastleFan said:

Yes, but how does this relate to a season ticket when we’re all gaining entry to the 23 matches that we’ve paid for therefore ‘getting it’?

I do sometimes watch iFollow for away games; I wonder if I email them from my ‘temporary match day home’ in Spain they’ll give me a refund when we loose. I’ll just claim ‘I’m not really getting it am I ’ aka we were bobbar today.  lol 

1 minute ago, Concrete Owl said:

I bought a season ticket to get a discount on watching SWFC at Hillsborough. Think that’s what I got. Don’t remember being guaranteed winning entertaining football. Still not a real fan in my book asking for a refund.

I'm not a season ticket holder so not asking for anything back I'm just saying the op is well within his rights and don't blame him for taking advantage of a stupid offer by a very naïve owner

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

Its not a shop. It's a season ticket with no guarantee you will be winning every week, there are 24 clubs in the league you can't win them all.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would be interested in know the terms and conditions of the refund if you could let us know

Not that I want a refund just curious.

I'd expect all priority points to be zeroed and possibly a bar from another season ticket for a set time (maybe 3 seasons)

4 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I can understand yes 100% hell support ing the club 38 plus years had more up and downs than a prostitutes nickers but never have i asked for a refund we choose to support our fantastic  club the best times and the bad thats why we are fans._.

Indeed and I agree...I won’t be asking for any money, I will still go regardless. I will be at Carlisle Saturday, the Lane Friday then Hillsborough for the next game....but I can understand that some people are upset by things. 

Chansiri pretty much said if you put your money in (at inflated prices) I will make it happen...or words to that effect. It’s that simple and you can see why people feel a little aggrieved. 

17 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Prices went up to pay for the players to take us back into the top flight and that was based on a 2 year plan, so we stump up stupid amounts to watch and were further away than when we started! to me that's kind of a broken promise

So basically, any of the clubs in the Champ who have expressed ambition for promotion but fail to finish in the top 3 should refund their 'fans' for breaking a 'promise'.

The new CEO gets slagged for referring to 'customers' and yet you use the 'customer' rather than 'supporter' argument with regard to a refund to support your argument.

As for 'stupid amounts'. Obviously this debate only relates to season ticket holders so who is paying 'stupid amounts'?

If my memory serves me correctly, I thought the punitive costs only applied to 'pay on the day'. That has been the moral argument all along and that season ticket holders were being rewarded for up front commitment at the expense of paying on the day.   

Having read a good proportion of your posts over the last months, and even allowing for things not going to plan, I reckon DC could stick a twenty quid note on every seat in the ground and you'd complain it wasn't a fifty.

Edited by bigthinrob

I agree with the OP, get your refund if you feel that way inclined.

Having bought into 3 years worth of a loyalty program for our manager to give up on it and walk away, why should he be any different?

If fans are to be treated as customers then they have the right to turn their nose up at what's on offer it's not good enough.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

So basically, any of the clubs in the Champ who have expressed ambition for promotion but fail to finish in the top 3 should refund their 'fans' for breaking a 'promise'.

The new CEO gets slagged for referring to 'customers' and yet you use the 'customer' rather than 'supporter' argument with regard to a refund to support your argument.

As for 'stupid amounts'. Obviously this debate only relates to season ticket holders so who is paying 'stupid amounts'?

If my memory serves me correctly, I thought the punitive costs only applied to 'pay on the day'. That has been the moral argument all along and that season ticket holders were being rewarded for up front commitment at the expense of paying on the day.   

Having read a good proportion of your posts over the last months, and even allowing for things not going to plan, I reckon DC could stick a twenty quid note on every seat in the ground and you'd complain it wasn't a fifty.

I'm liking the £20 on every seat idea then we would be paying the right amount to watch the game

Nothing is guaranteed in football. (Only owls know how to ruin a player or two...lol)

u buy a ST to watch your team at best possible price and get same seat, then priority on other tickets etc. 

DC can only try and get us up. It hasn’t worked so far but not thru lack of trying. 

9/10/11 most likely first teamers out at once is just unbearable.

u can carry one or two second choice players in a game but not 9/10/11.

do u think Man City’s second string would be top of prem now?

not a prayer. 

As carlos said it’s hard to motivate all the second choice players (all at once) that he hasn’t been picking only when has too. 

Even Pep couldn’t come in now and get best out of his team with half of team injured. 

What if conditions of refund is that u can’t ever get one in future

38 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

How's it different to what he was promised exactly? He has a seat and when he sits there he watches a football match between sheffield Wednesday and an opposing team. He gets exactly what he was promised.

If what he got was a game of netball he'd have a point.

Edited by poite
  • Haha 1