What sort of loser asks for a refund?

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

if you want your money back mate,thats up to you. But are you wanting a pat on the back for it

Just fronting up. There are a lot of people questioning if anyone would actually accept the offer. 

It's the "loyal fans" who seem to be the ones wanting pats on the back

10 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

Bye

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

Correct, that’s what customers do , so does that make us customers of SWFC if we’re going down this route ? 

Juat saying 

To be fair I can see why folk would want a refund...we were asked to up the ante in terms of the fans contribution in return for a chance at progressive success. It’s not happened!! People have shelled out thousands for 3 year ST’s based on this as well.

Our chairman was to loyal to a manager that should have never been in charge this season...who then turned out to have the loyalty of a dog with 3 d1cks, Essentially wasting a full season and more. The chairman is now in a position where he as to take responsibility as he is the who makes these decisions, he’s the person we trust with the running of the club.

There are lots of reasons why people would take up this offer and no one can judge anyone imo...each to their own.

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

Why is it different to what was sold? You buy a season ticket to watch 2 teams play a game of football one of the teams you allegedly support. The 2nd team changes game on game. The result or performance is immaterial to this purchase, the important part to this contractual agreement is the games of football all  23 of them, as far as I am aware no breach of this agreement has been made so why the hell would you want  a refund ? 

• Thanks 2

So, to sum up.

You were happy to have a season ticket when we were in the top division. Gave it up sharpish when we got relegated. Bought a new one when you thought we might get promoted back to the Premier League, want a refund because we are not.

Not having a dig mate but you don't need to justify yourself. If you want a refund, you go and ask for one. No need to explain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1