BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Of course it's petty and reactionary to give them what they want just as it was petty and childish for anyone to ever ask in the first place. This is sport, you pay your money you take your chance, there is no guarantee of success or enjoyment.

How many owners in the history of professional football have done this previously, do you think it will be an annual offer from now on with him in charge by which supporters can flounce off and get their money back when things don't go to plan?

Even if you think it was the right thing to do surely it should have been done on a direct basis without going public to all fans on the website?

Do you honestly think it would be kept private ?

12 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The bloke can’t do right with some folk. It was well documented some wanted out, if he’d ignored em he’d have still been vilified.

Why is it petty to give them what they wanted?

Rhodes is working out as a poor signing but of course he was signed because the fans wanted him.

Fans also wanted cheaper prices, blue and white stripes, a more public and accessible for all celebration of 150 years and a prominent game to celebrate the anniversary, why didn't he give them what they wanted on these points?

2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Do you honestly think it would be kept private ?

Do you honestly think no one ion the history of football has ever asked for their money back? I am pretty sure no owner has responded by offering all fans a free for all in terms of money back on season tickets. Or has every other owner got this wrong and DC has shown them the way to go?

Do you think this will be an annual offer? If not, why not?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Rhodes is working out as a poor signing but of course he was signed because the fans wanted him.

Fans also wanted cheaper prices, blue and white stripes, a more public and accessible for all celebration of 150 years and a prominent game to celebrate the anniversary, why didn't he give them what they wanted on these points?

Oh FFS some wanted out. DC is allowing em to, he’s attempting to weed out the rot. Now he’s getting stick for letting em go, he’d get stick for keeping em. Some folk are intent on pi55ing the man off. 

If fickle fans want out, go. I’m fed up of hearing em bleat on.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

30000 users of this site and still nobody has admitted to asking for a refund before the Chairmans meltdown on the Epilogue

Does anybody know anybody who prompted this? Anybody??

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

The sooner Mr Chaniri realises that some of the tat spouted on social media is much the same as the kneejerk tat that is spouted on the terraces, the better.

And that's a very good point. I've thought for a while that DC just r doesn't 'get' the humour of fans. 9/10ths of the stuff on here is tongue in cheek. Just wonder if he takes things literally. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Oh FFS some wanted out. DC is allowing em to, he’s attempting to weed out the rot. Now he’s getting stick for letting em go, he’d get stick for keeping em. Some folk are intent on pi55ing the man off. 

But he wouldn’t get stick for keeping them. No chairman in the history of Sheffield Wednesday has had stick for not refunding season tickets. It’s just not a thing. Never has been.  

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

And that's a very good point. I've thought for a while that DC just r doesn't 'get' the humour of fans. 9/10ths of the stuff on here is tongue in cheek. Just wonder if he takes things literally. 

That is something that I noticed living in the Far East for many years - they take everything so damn seriously even when what you are saying is clearly meant as a joke. Also many cannot grasp the concept of irony.

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I wonder if DC will spend more seasons at Hillsborough than these fickle fans you speak of.

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I don’t give to55 about the fickle fans tbh, they’re too needy and do nowt but moan. Give em the money back and ban em from the ground, give us all a break 

They don't log onto websites just to have pops at other fans to be fair though

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I don’t give to55 about the fickle fans tbh, they’re too needy and do nowt but moan. Give em the money back and ban em from the ground, give us all a break 

I would never ask for my money back, can't think of anyone I know who would do so seriously so it is the owner that has blown this out of all proportion.

There aren't too many fans I would describe as fickle for buying a season ticket either, significant outlay for some.

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Some peoples definition of fickle vary. Yours is if a fan isn't happy roger off

mine is if a fellow fan thinks it's ok to say roger off  I'm fed up of hearing you to other fans. 

I’m sick of folk berating our Chairman no matter what he does. 

Thanks for your kind words btw, as your’re  new here (December 2017) you might be advised to discuss the post not the poster 

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

I’m sick of folk berating our Chairman no matter what he does. 

I've not berated him for everything he does, I've been very complimentary of him at times, yet you have seemingly lost your cool with me because I think this is an awful move that no owner of our club or any other has done before. Excuse me if I see this as petulant and ill conceived on his part rather than revolutionary forward thinking.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I've not berated him for everything he does, I've been very complimentary of him at times, yet you have seemingly lost your cool with me because I think this is an awful move that no owner of our club or any other has done before. Excuse me if I see this as petulant and ill conceived on his part rather than revolutionary forward thinking.

Ever heard of banging your head against a wall ?

The Chairman is giving “fans” what they wanted and he’s getting flak for giving it em. The owner is not being petulant it’s the fans that bought ST who are wanting out that are. How is DC in the wrong here?