BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So let’s  DC didn’t offer em a refund. There’d be numerous posts saying he’s a fraud and not a man of his word.

The bloke is in a corner getting blows rained on by our fans, it’s a joke

Perhaps his words shouldn't have been to publicly offer a refund in the first place, absolutely ridiculous thing to do, completely unheard of and very petty/reactionary to a minuscule bunch.

Sets a precedent for every season, what if people renew in March/April then we flog 5 or 6 players in the summer 

Then people starting demanding their coin back every other year

”You refunded it for them, refund it for me” blah blah blah

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Maybe wait until the end of the season so every game we lose 100% refund for that game and 50% for a draw and 10% for a win because you managed to turn up. It's stupid it's thick and thin always has been always will unless personal reasons no refunds should be given. WAWAW.

Its an over reaction to a modicum of criticism.

Mr Chansiri has to realise that fans, on forums, on twitter etc etc, don't have a proof reader, don't have various staff to run their statements past, and some probably express themselves in a vernacular that he doesn't quite understand.

I suggest he reads some of the more constructive critiques on here and elswhere, because a lot of it is well founded, and to ignore some of the more cogent and sincerely expressed worries, is simply hiding hiding ones head in the sand and pretending you are infallible.

I simply find it strange that a "Business" man, can ignore fans call for a kit they want, ignore fans calls for a badge they prefer... yet state that "He bought Jordan Rhodes for them"

He sacked a manager "Because of them"..It simply doesn't add up.

Wipe the slate clean and start again next season, this one has been a total balls up

19 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Can't understand him offering this.

Even more difficult to understand how any 'supporters' could take him up on it. 

Hope one of the conditions is you can't apply for another for 3 years or summat?

He said he doesn't want fans who don't want to be there. Problem solved if you ask me.

My own personal opinion is that fans buy tickets to watch the game. They are not buying the result. Think of it like insurance - you buy it, you want a pay out when something goes wrong. The insurance company will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying out at whatever cost. Insurance companies are there to generate income for themselves, not to hand out money.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If those wanting refunds hadn’t spat the dummy then he wouldn’t have had to offer it.

If he refused em a refund = he gets slagged off.

if he gives em a refund = he gets slagged off.

Why not just ignore them? I imagine the amount that asked for a refund are far outweighed by the number wanting striped shirts - he ignored them. 

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Everybody wants summat fer nowt. My mate runs a cafe and he says people will try anything to avoid paying once they've had food

"can I have pie, chips and peas please?"

"yeah that's £5 please"

*customer hands cash over*

"Thanks. take a seat and  I'll bring it you over when it's ready"

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"yeah that's £5 please"

Then the pie collapses half way through eating it....The chips are the wrong colour and the peas are 4 months late?

• Haha 1

So fans moan about being treat like customers, then act like customers.  They moan about not being treat like fans, then don't act like fans.

In my eyes you're either a supporter or not.  OK don't get a ST next year, I'm cool with that, you pay your money and take your chance.  But to ask for a refund because things aren't going great is beyond me.  Can you imagine the uproar if DC had asked for "top up fees" when things were going well.

Just not bothered...

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"yeah that's £5 please"

You say you ordered pie, chips and peas nearly half an hour ago? Sorry mate can't remember that order, have you got a receipt............

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Not a troll, it’s fairly simple from what I can see.

ok 2roland2 I’m not happy with the way you’ve gone about things. Can I have a refund please ?

Strange that you would neg my latest reply to you rather than provide an alternative. I may disagree with you but haven't negged your opinion. I haven't been abusive as you suggest many are, I simply think he has got this badly wrong. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps his words shouldn't have been to publicly offer a refund in the first place, absolutely ridiculous thing to do, completely unheard of and very petty/reactionary to a minuscule bunch.

The bloke can’t do right with some folk. It was well documented some wanted out, if he’d ignored em he’d have still been vilified.

Why is it petty to give them what they wanted?

7 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The bloke can’t do right with some folk. It was well documented some wanted out, if he’d ignored em he’d have still been vilified.

Why is it petty to give them what they wanted?

Of course it's petty and reactionary to give them what they want just as it was petty and childish for anyone to ever ask in the first place. This is sport, you pay your money you take your chance, there is no guarantee of success or enjoyment.

How many owners in the history of professional football have done this previously, do you think it will be an annual offer from now on with him in charge by which supporters can flounce off and get their money back when things don't go to plan?

Even if you think it was the right thing to do surely it should have been done on a direct basis without going public to all fans on the website?