THIS PRETTY MUCH NAILS IT....

3 hours ago, Triple O said:

Why, whenever anything happens that is Wednesday related do we have fans who beleive it is some kind of conspiracy or scam?

Things happen in anyone's life. As one door closes another opens and there was no plan here.

As far as I'm concerned, there is every reason to be suspicious about the timeline of events recently. If Carvalhal's misled the chairman about his motives and received a substantial settlement, whilst knowing all along that Swansea were waiting for him, then that is a little grubby (but hardly unusual for football these days). Chansiri then blaming the fans for it all is just adding insult to injury. Obviously, I don't know what happened, but neither do you. It's just a matter of faith.

But there's no point getting eaten up by it. This is an opportunity for us to make a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As far as I'm concerned, there is every reason to be suspicious about the timeline of events recently. If Carvalhal's misled the chairman about his motives and received a substantial settlement, whilst knowing all along that Swansea were waiting for him, then that is a little grubby (but hardly unusual for football these days). Chansiri then blaming the fans for it all is just adding insult to injury. Obviously, I don't know what happened, but neither do you. It's just a matter of faith.

But there's no point getting eaten up by it. This is an opportunity for us to make a fresh start.

see this. doesn't seem to be any prior arranement.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/carlos-carvalhal-swansea-city-job-14089799

1 minute ago, Triple O said:

Maybe; maybe not. But most football commentary and reporting is within well established and perfunctory parameters that the participants are well aware of.

I have no strong opinion either way; but there are plenty of grounds for cynicism.

On 28/12/2017 at 15:16, NYCOWL said:

We’ve only been played if he got payed off

Exactly, but I expect the reality was the club were still paying his wages until he found another job or his contract expires.  As such CC getting a new job so quickly probably saves swfc quite a lot of money.

On 28/12/2017 at 14:26, Lawrie Madden said:

Don't really understand how we have been played 

You wanted CC gone he's gone 

The only way it possibly works out that we have been "played" is that CC and his staff deliberately played poorly planned games to ensure he got the boot which i'm assuming not even the Owlstalk Paranoid are suggesting ( i know i know )

Was he supposed to go away and cry because we didn't want him ?

We haven't been at it for months mate.

It's been obvious...

FFS

Grandad at last talks (or tweets) sense, it seems pretty obvious now why we were so poor in November and December..

Carlos has played DC all the way, DC must feel gutted, a bit like when you lost the girlfriend you really thought “was the true one”..

DC, please trust the fans, we’ve been here before..