THIS PRETTY MUCH NAILS IT....

Its not beyond the realms of possibility is it though. I mean a situation arose from nowhere and needed to act quickly to take advantage.

According to loads on here, he was going nowhere until the end of season, he was about to strengthen the squad in Jan.

Then low and behold he woke up one day and said I'm off.

But tbh, I for one don't care whatever, football is at best 'a bit shady' and nothing would surprise me.

and don't get me going on the badge kissers....(where's Columbo gone?)

I don't think Carlos played us like a fiddle, he tried his best, he must have known deep down it wasn't working by the Wolves game, and took a decision that was best for all concerned when an offer was on the table to move on. I have no problem with that, players and managers have a volatile career, they need to look out for number 1, just like the clubs do.

Edited by TheRock

Paul Clement was fired on the 20th. Then with our most makeshift backline of the season (Palmer, Venancio, van Aken, Pudil) and big Adthe's first start to-boot,

we lose home to 'Boro on 23rd. Ensuing predictable chorus of boos, Carlos 'decides it's time to move on', totally blindsiding DC. Walks into Swansea job three

days later. No coincidences here are there?!! I agree with the OP. 

12 minutes ago, TheRock said:

I don't think Carlos played us like a fiddle, he tried his best, he must have known deep down it wasn't working by the Wolves game, and took a decision that was best for all concerned when an offer was on the table to move on. I have no problem with that, players and managers have a volatile career, they need to look out for number 1, just like the clubs do.

I knew it wasnt working after the QPR & Sunderland games.

Lets all face it,hes always wanted to manage in the prem & he engineered his opportunity,at our expense,the swans wanted him last time and clement was always on borrowed time,he just bided his time,hopefully lesson learned for DC.

6 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

I knew it wasnt working after the QPR & Sunderland games.

Lets all face it,hes always wanted to manage in the prem & he engineered his opportunity,at our expense,the swans wanted him last time and clement was always on borrowed time,he just bided his time,hopefully lesson learned for DC.

Yup I agree by Sunderland it looked that way, but Carlos himself maybe didn't see it, I'd say its harder to judge yourself and you are always going to hope the players haven't lost confidence in you.

From what was said after the playoff final, it sounded like Swansea offered Carlos the job then, so not sure we can criticise his loyalty. The difference this time was he probably knew his time was up here.

Edited by TheRock

No way CC threw games. 

CC wanted success with us. 

Wasn't working out well this season. 

CC plays possession footy and was on Swansea radar. 

DC obviously upset at toxic tone of some fans. 

Mutual parting/ "conscious uncoupling" after Boro game. 

The poetic beauty of all this 

a) All of us who were getting a bit cheesed with CC are pleased

b) All of us feeling sorry for a good bloke being sacked on Christmas Eve feel pleased for him. 

c) All of us across the entire span of Yorkshire who thought Gary Monk was lined up for the Swans job feel pleased and smirky. 

360 degree good news. 

UTO 

On 28/12/2017 at 14:07, welsOwl74 said:

its unbelievable that I refused to go to another game after Bolton away (league) til carlos got the sack ,and being going to the Swansea games instead ,now he's on his way to Swansea .

unbelievable jeff

This tells me one thing...you were Hitler in a past life and this is karma coming back to get you.

:carlos:

Edited by Rebowl Yell

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

No way CC threw games. 

CC wanted success with us. 

Wasn't working out well this season. 

CC plays possession footy and was on Swansea radar. 

DC obviously upset at toxic tone of some fans. 

Mutual parting/ "conscious uncoupling" after Boro game. 

The poetic beauty of all this 

a) All of us who were getting a bit cheesed with CC are pleased

b) All of us feeling sorry for a good bloke being sacked on Christmas Eve feel pleased for him. 

c) All of us across the entire span of Yorkshire who thought Gary Monk was lined up for the Swans job feel pleased and smirky. 

360 degree good news. 

UTO 

I dont think for a second he threw games,but I do think he knew Swansea still fancied him if they let Clement go,theyd be some dialect in football circles and hed be aware of that,for sure.

None of which really matters now coz he gone

Carlos and Doyen mugging DC and us does still matter because, unless we get a strong DoF, we 'll get shafted again.

Plus , their massive compensation package affects FFP which doesn't help with January recruitment, trading etc.

Terry Burton or Marwood would be ideal, if Lambert can work with them. 

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Carlos and Doyen mugging DC and us does still matter because, unless we get a strong DoF, we 'll get shafted again.

Plus , their massive compensation package affects FFP which doesn't help with January recruitment, trading etc.

Terry Burton or Marwood would be ideal, if Lambert can work with them. 

Again, talk me through why Brian Marwood would leave project Man City to come here. 

Some of our fanbase need help. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2017 at 13:56, ANDY said:

credit to original tweeter (whoever he is)......

The pressure to get rid of Carlos came from the fans they got  what they wanted and now complain ffs

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Again, talk me through why Brian Marwood would leave project Man City to come here. 

Some of our fanbase need help. 

Because he was demoted to paper  pusher - sorry, Football Administration Officer - after his mate Cook got canned and City brought Pep's friend  as boss executive from Barca to then attract Pep from Bayern.

Some of out fanbase need help with Google.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Because he was demoted to paper  pusher - sorry, Football Administration Officer - after his mate Cook got canned and City brought Pep's friend  as boss executive from Barca to then attract Pep from Bayern.

Some of out fanbase need help with Google.  

'Hi Brian, I know you're probably on £1m a year with a cushy job at the richest football club in the world, but, do you fancy coming here for 80% less as we need to sort shirts out for the fans, tidy up the Presto Tools stand and sort out Liam Palmers belly fat.'

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

What I don't get is why a struggling Premiership team would look to struggling Championship manager to turn their fortunes around.

They've been after him a while, and is was a live one last year. Family friend was on their board a few years ago, and gave the sp on it all. They rate him very highly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

What I don't get is why a struggling Premiership team would look to struggling Championship manager to turn their fortunes around.

It could be a good move from swansea

Carlos is a short term impact manager

His CV shows he can do a decent job in one season

The trick is to show him the door the next season as he will run out of ideas at that point

Carlos is a 'one trick pony' 

I wish we'd have got rid of him after the Watford playoff defeat

Lets see if Swansea can learn from our mistakes.