Want CC out? Who is a better replacement?

43 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Mick McCarthy 

Dean Smith

Lee Johnson

Tony Pulis (would rather not)

Karanka

Gary Neville

Frank De Boer

Some more realistic then others 

Gary Neville, Paul Cook, Nathan Jones, Kevin Nolan. 

I've changed my mind. 

Lets stick with Carlos. 

The trap of the scarcity myth. I doubt many people would have heard of Marco Silva or David Wagner.

Carlos had two attempts and failed. Not only that but he’s failed to reshape the team. He picks the same players deployed with the same tactics. We are easy to work out and everyone has done. A new manager with new ideas is urgently required. It doesn’t take much to get dragged down into a relegation scrap in this league, and we’re in relegation form.

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

There’s no guarantees when it comes to managers/head coaches but I’d like to see us take a fresh approach and go for someone like Giggs. A gamble maybe but any appointment is a gamble at the moment. The biggest gamble of all would be sticking with Carlos.

Yes, spot on.

Just imagine what things will be like, say, two months from now.

At this rate we'll be down the league and looking nervously over our shoulder.

And what will the mood of the fans be like?

If Chansiri doesn't act then this lot is going to turn very sour.

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Basically, any standard Championship manager would do a better job.

In fact, Carlos himself would do a much better job were he not already doing it.

That's the problem.

You see, things are as they are because Carlos has lost two play-offs and we're suffering from a hangover, as many teams do in such circumstances.

We just need someone different to Carlos, not someone necessarily better than him.

Indeed. We needed to freshen things up in the summer and that meant either changing up the playing squad or changing the manager. We did neither. In some ways I think Carlos was set up to fail. We were supposedly trying to bring in 5 players to challenge for the first team over the summer. If we had actually done that maybe things would have been different.

8 hours ago, Sabostar said:

Want a replacement? Name one who is proven, available and would come to our club right now and do a job.

...that right there is the $64k question. We can’t just sit in a void without a manager if DC should get rid.

Who is out there?

Those that are available are available because they’ve failed elsewhere.

Those that are successful currently are unlikely to leave their current post.

.. and to be Frank why would anyone come to S6 when a large proportion of the fan base expect immediate success and lack patience? 

This Dean Smith thing makes me smile. Brentford have a brilliant structure behind the scenes, with recruitment the key element. It's exactly what we don't have. Although the time has come for a change of manager, unless the football infrastructure of the club is dramatically overhauled, we will be looking for another new manager in 12 months time. 

Carlos ain't the biggest issue here, by any stretch of the imagination. 

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Indeed. We needed to freshen things up in the summer and that meant either changing up the playing squad or changing the manager. We did neither. In some ways I think Carlos was set up to fail. We were supposedly trying to bring in 5 players to challenge for the first team over the summer. If we had actually done that maybe things would have been different.

Spot on.

Some fans don't seem to appreciate, as you do, that the ability of the manager is not the only thing which affects his performance.

It's about his track record at a club, and if the players believe he can get them over the line.

The tactics employed at Huddersfield in my opinion are what did the damage with the players.

That was the defining match of his Wednesday career.

You play a 9-month season to get there, then you set up against a team with a meagre strike force as though you were facing Real Madrid.

And that's exactly what my Huddersfield mates said to me as we left the stadium..."We're not Real Madrid, mate".

Dean Smith for me. If FFP is now going to limit us we need someone with an eye for a player and someone who can bring some of our better u23s through. I also like the football he plays, and he’d help Reach and Hunt and a few others find a new level. We have the basis of a good team but you wouldn’t know it from the dreadful performances this season. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

This Dean Smith thing makes me smile. Brentford have a brilliant structure behind the scenes, with recruitment the key element. It's exactly what we don't have. Although the time has come for a change of manager, unless the football infrastructure of the club is dramatically overhauled, we will be looking for another new manager in 12 months time. 

Carlos ain't the biggest issue here, by any stretch of the imagination. 

.. ah thank goodness! I am not alone in seeing the bigger picture .

This is our current league form...

0️⃣ wins in last 5️⃣.
2️⃣ wins in last 1️⃣0️⃣.
3️⃣ wins in last 1️⃣4️⃣.
6️⃣ wins in last 2️⃣2️⃣.

1️⃣0️⃣ points off playoffs.
1️⃣6️⃣ points off 2nd.

With the players we have, I haven’t seen a single name mentioned that I don’t believe could do a better job than Carlos.