Carlos Carvlahal: It's Premier League next season for Sheffield Wednesday!

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Coach.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach has said again that his team will be promoted this season.

He explained at todays press conference that Sheffield Wednesday are going to be in the Premier League next season

"We will achieve promotion at the end of the season. We have a big chance. We will be more strong second half of the season. 

Since the Derby game we have been more strong more compact. After this game we are unbeaten in 7 games. We change completely the system of the team to be more compact and more consistent. The draws against Ipswich and Reading is not good but not bad because I feel we are progressing.

I think we can turn the things and understanding that in the second half of the season we have forestieri back, tom lees back, george boyd back and we will be more strong second half of the season."

Jesus H Christ. I'm busy on Owlstalk all week trying to play down expectations as Carlos gets Crucified at least every Saturday and like Lazerus, he is back three days later talking about the promotion and the Premier League again as the next weekend approaches. 

He must like the verbal abuse and taking punishment every week when we don't play like Brazil. 

You have to give him Credit for his Tethlon coated ego. I've seen nothing like it. 

I hope you prove us all wrong Carlos, or you enjoy the friendly  banter on Saturday evening. 

Remember Carlos: Nuhiu, Rhodes and Hooper up front and tell Loovens, never sideways and to get rid after two touches. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Coach.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach has said again that his team will be promoted this season.

He explained at todays press conference that Sheffield Wednesday are going to be in the Premier League next season

"We will achieve promotion at the end of the season. We have a big chance. We will be more strong second half of the season. 

Since the Derby game we have been more strong more compact. After this game we are unbeaten in 7 games. We change completely the system of the team to be more compact and more consistent. The draws against Ipswich and Reading is not good but not bad because I feel we are progressing.

I think we can turn the things and understanding that in the second half of the season we have forestieri back, tom lees back, george boyd back and we will be more strong second half of the season."

Words are cheap, get these players attacking for God's sake.

8 minutes ago, carloss said:

Not sure I want to see the current team in the premier league, I don't think they could compete.

Yh my thoughts aswell.  The 20 million some people say we have spunked would just be a drop in the ocean.. and would the fans be happy with relegation battles and getting beat just because it’s premiership football.. we would be a yo-yo team for a few seasons like most the other teams that seem to make it.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

This will all be f*cking hilarious if we do get promoted!

Not going to happen though, is it. Lets be reyt.

It will be flipping hilarious if we DO get promoted, watching all the Carlos haters get his autographed signed biography next year in the club shop. 

At the moment i don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

5 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

It will be flipping hilarious if we DO get promoted, watching all the Carlos haters get his autographed signed biography next year in the club shop. 

I don't think that many actually hate Carlos, they just don't understand why he's gone so negative and stubborn.

I know this much I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM SUCCEED.

But this won't happen unless he's willing to change our approach.

16 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

At the moment, separating my feelings from how we're performing under his stewardship, I feel really sorry for him. These comments and quotes really do seem desparate and removed from reality in varying degrees. It's really quite difficult to watch.

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I don't think that many actually hate Carlos, they just don't understand why he's gone so negative and stubborn.

I know this much I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM SUCCEED.

But this won't happen unless he's willing to change our approach.

I think the negativity has spread like wild fire. Players confidence gets knocked.  Then he To get the  players picked up to go again. think he is trying to mix it up. Take Saturdays game. People crying out to see Matais get a go, he went with wingers it didn’t work first half. He made the change of formation and it worked. Until we committed suicide again.. to get 11 players playing at the same level every game rarely happens.. we need a good run over christmasChristmas

3 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Well I BELIEVE 

Just stuck another £20 in mi Wembley jar, gonna book a hotel with mi Avios, and can't wait to unleash mi new Wembley song, sung to the tune of "Hand Me Down That Can o Beans" 

Trust in you Carlos, and the squad. 

UTO WAWAW Let's go, let's go, let's go. 

Go to some matches and watch us as opposed to listening to Carlos' press conference and then spend your money on you, the wife and kids. You're welcome.

If it wasn't nailed on before with his "we will be promoted" comments it certainly is now....Carlos will be gone in the summer IF we don't get up, there's no way he could stay if it doesn't happen....so....come on Carlos, I'm begging you, get us up.

Question....is there anyone now who would prefer us NOT to go up this season so as to see the back of CC.

Carlos has gone all in now....he just has to hope the river card is a beauty.

Edited by qantas

You know what ? Going 7 unbeaten in this league is some achievement. Yes, a couple of the draws should have been victories, but we keep grinding away. If at the turn of the year we are within 5 points of the playoffs, or sat in 7th, then we will be ok.

Minority view, I appreciate, but this league is a long hard slog. Is the football pretty and exciting, God no, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. Whilst many reading this will no doubt disagree and call me deluded, this season has all the hallmarks of last year, when we really got stuck into teams in the second half of the season.

These press conferences aren't for our or the presses benefit.

They are simply a postcard from S6 to Chansiri and his family in Thailand.

....'Having a great time - wish you were here'

love C xx

Edited by Flat Owl