Carlos Carvlahal: It's Premier League next season for Sheffield Wednesday!

Sheffield Wednesday Coach.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach has said again that his team will be promoted this season.

He explained at todays press conference that Sheffield Wednesday are going to be in the Premier League next season

"We will achieve promotion at the end of the season. We have a big chance. We will be more strong second half of the season. 

Since the Derby game we have been more strong more compact. After this game we are unbeaten in 7 games. We change completely the system of the team to be more compact and more consistent. The draws against Ipswich and Reading is not good but not bad because I feel we are progressing.

I think we can turn the things and understanding that in the second half of the season we have forestieri back, tom lees back, george boyd back and we will be more strong second half of the season."

Owlstalk Shop

We are so far outside automatic that we have no chance. Even if we make the play offs they are pot luck, anything can happen and often does, it's just 3 to 1 odds.

I hope he is right but we should have started strong from the first game rather than messing around until halfway through the season.

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Coach.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach has said again that his team will be promoted this season.

He explained at todays press conference that Sheffield Wednesday are going to be in the Premier League next season

"We will achieve promotion at the end of the season. We have a big chance. We will be more strong second half of the season. 

Since the Derby game we have been more strong more compact. After this game we are unbeaten in 7 games. We change completely the system of the team to be more compact and more consistent. The draws against Ipswich and Reading is not good but not bad because I feel we are progressing.

I think we can turn the things and understanding that in the second half of the season we have forestieri back, tom lees back, george boyd back and we will be more strong second half of the season."

Back to the topic....

Owlstalk Shop

It's actually a month since we last won a game.

During the previous month we had 5 shots on target.

This is from a team assembled for in and around 30 million (perhaps a bit more) with some (by all accounts) exceedingly high wages.

We also as a club charge some of the highest POTD prices in the country (relatively speaking).

I've "clapped" as much as I can, but quite simply it isn't good enough and really can't criticise someone who is voicing their displeasure at that moment (within reason, of course).

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1