Carlos Carvlahal: It's Premier League next season for Sheffield Wednesday!

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He’s living in a parallel universe.

We won’t feature in the end of season promo mixup. 

Middtable here we come ..we’ll end up around 8-12, basically back where finished under Gray. 

That's the spirit

42 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Teams who go up don’t concede the goals we have this season.

In a nutshell. In the last two seasons you could see we were a top 6 team, albeit not by much. This season we’ve looked mid table at best. It will take a remarkable turn around on all fronts to change that. Not impossible but unlikely.

Carlos has assured us we will get promoted this year. I'm convinced, I've re-mortgaged the house and put it on us for promotion. All I've got to do is wait 6 months and I will be rich. 18 to 1. That's me sorted.

Theres gonna be some reight "crow an' humble pie" eating come the end of the season on here..

Me?..Stood here, virtually alone, secure in valours station, wiv me undyin' Carlos loyalty card

All the old excuses will roll out...like 

"Well...If we hadn't complained he wasn't attacking.... nowt would have changed...."...crap...

Open letters of apologies to Carlos...that I presume he will pass on to me, cos of me steadfastness

Be me and Carlos sittin' in a tree...

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Coach.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach has said again that his team will be promoted this season.

He explained at todays press conference that Sheffield Wednesday are going to be in the Premier League next season

"We will achieve promotion at the end of the season. We have a big chance. We will be more strong second half of the season. 

Since the Derby game we have been more strong more compact. After this game we are unbeaten in 7 games. We change completely the system of the team to be more compact and more consistent. The draws against Ipswich and Reading is not good but not bad because I feel we are progressing.

I think we can turn the things and understanding that in the second half of the season we have forestieri back, tom lees back, george boyd back and we will be more strong second half of the season."

He’s probably better off not commenting on promotion chances st this stage of the season and with the position we are in .

What if it seriously is a long term strategy?

Like lulling teams into a false sense of wotsit....sitting mid table like a great white shark just below the surface?

All of a sudden we pounce like a lion...or a shark...bearing in mind the water/land thingy...

Does Carlos know more about lions than we do..

Or less about Sharks than any f.ooker on Earth...land or sea...

Worth considerin'

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What if it seriously is a long term strategy?

Like lulling teams into a false sense of wotsit....sitting mid table like a great white shark just below the surface?

All of a sudden we pounce like a lion...or a shark...bearing in mind the water/land thingy...

Does Carlos know more about lions than we do..

Or less about Sharks than any f.ooker on Earth...land or sea...

Worth considerin'

Who would win. A lion or a shark?

He's saying what needs to be said, otherwise he'd be out of a job having promised promotion earlier.

Simple as that, and while he's coach, let's focus on getting those wins.

We're all Wednesday aren't we? So however poo people feel about current circumstances, you want the best results for the team, and tide's got to turn at some point. Let it be against Norwich then!

Ofc, hopeful and not very optimistic, but also seeing as we're obviously not seeing a change in management for the time being, it's better to focus on whatever positives there are. Play offs are definitely within reach, autos are a stretch, but should never say never in football.

• Thanks 1