Would you support a move to a new ground?

My ideal scenario would be for the club to buy the row of terraced houses and utilise land behind the North Stand and develop the existing site whilst ground sharing somewhere else for 18 months.Sort the river problem. Build a new 50000 stadium, but the ground to be squared off to Penistone Road. Move Megastore to site near the new ground, near 4 lane Ends Chippy on Leppings Lane or across Penistone Road to small trading estate.

I would not like us to move from the Hillsborough area, our traditional home, but I see the need to drastically update.

Yes

I love Hillsborough and would be happy going for the rest of my life, but if the club is to progress we must build a new stadium.

The current ground maybe a great place but commercially it is poor and to keep up with other clubs you need to be maximising your income and minimising your working costs.

Redeveloping Hillsborough would only work if each stand is pulled down and fully replaced, even then we would need to buy up some houses.

~ And this would still leave us short of car parking and prematch fan space.

The key would be the design of the new stadium, it doesn't have to be a box standard bowl.

Not sure what capacity I would go for, maybe 35k with expansion options.

To a horrible bowl in an industrial estate like Derby, Wigan, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke etc with no history and call it the bet365 stadium or summat ffs. 

Many premier teams haven't done it so why should we when Hillsborough is perfectly adequate and would be more so after the World Cup plans redevelopment. 

Villa park is a perfect example of redevelopment. 

10 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

To a horrible bowl in an industrial estate like Derby, Wigan, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke etc with no history and call it the bet365 stadium or summat ffs. 

Many premier teams haven't done it so why should we when Hillsborough is perfectly adequate and would be more so after the World Cup plans redevelopment. 

Villa park is a perfect example of redevelopment. 

What if it wasn't a horrible bowl and not on an industrial estate?

I don't see the point in redeveloping when 3 of the stands need pulling down. Those World Cup developments might have looked nice from the pictures but how much would it cost and what would the improvements to the actual facilities around the entire ground? From what I remember the fancy bits were to be placed in the new West stand. 

Yes as the attraction of the Hillsborough location as a 7 day a week source of non match day income is embarrassing at best, needs to be out near Meadowhell somewhere to cash in as a profitable business, but i don't go to games so my opinions is worth F**k All, no doubt. :ph34r:

To be a success if we get promoted then the club needs to move forward and modernise, not all new grounds are flatpack souless bowls, wouldn't make no difference with us anyway as our home atmospheres limp at times, the band hides it sometimes thank god...

The ONLY stand we have fit for modern day football is the South Stand and it's narrow concourses are not ideal, the rest are outdated, the West and the Kops a mess, tradition and History will only carry us so far sadly an most people need to wake up to this... it's gunna happen eventually whether you like it or not... 

Edited by steveger

31 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

What if it wasn't a horrible bowl and not on an industrial estate?

I don't see the point in redeveloping when 3 of the stands need pulling down. Those World Cup developments might have looked nice from the pictures but how much would it cost and what would the improvements to the actual facilities around the entire ground? From what I remember the fancy bits were to be placed in the new West stand. 

I recall it affecting all parts of the ground but yeah especially west stand but still no. The heritage and tradition is dying in football so for that reason n'all. 

893px-2017_Confederations_Cup_-_Final.jpg.7485e65430a61a50565bc629703e3bea.jpg

A bowl, but a rectangular squared off Bowl. The Kretovsky Stadium Leningrad (St Petersburg). It would fit nicely in Hillsborough Park. It was completed more than 500% late of completion and more than 500% over budget . Too replicate the project savings on time and cost should be achievable. Not a fan but note the safe standing areas capacity 67k.