Would you support a move to a new ground?

On balance. I would prefer us to redevelop rather than move. I have read several times on here that we would make more money at a different location, perhaps so but where would we go?  

Sheffield Airport, Neepsend, Meadowhell, it's hardly what dreams are made of is it.  Why would there be lots more commercial opportunities at these locations than a redeveloped Hillsborough, how long would be the ROI

Imho Anfield is a great example of what can be done at Hillsborough, redevelop one stand at a time and 10 years from now we would have a modern 40,000  plus ground with history and a unique style. It would also help a great deal if we also remembered to have a Premier League team at the same time! 

I'd rather redevelop however, if this is to be done once we are in the Prem then gates would suffer. The only move I would feel good about would be Mr Chansiri buying Hillsborough Park and building a modern day replica of the World Cup Plans. We could turn the current ground into an entertainment centre with bars and restaurants, shops etc to enhance the matchday experience and give some much needed revenue on non-match days.The talk of relocating to Catcliffe is a non starter for me, there isn't room anymore, Meadowhall would be a nightmare, especially with the new Ikea as well as the proposed HS2 and I can't really see any other spaces big enough unless you look around Tankersley area which is too far away.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long in all honesty. 2 hours since Chairman's statement! 

In answer to Neil OP. 

I'd personally be gutted to leave Hillsborough where so many memories have been created and shared. Some with people now gone.

You all do that thing I'm sure on your way to the ground. There will be some point where you fleetingly remember something , or someone, sometimes not even related to the game. 

Even "He's got a Bentley" as I pass under the stand pops in my head sometimes. 

Walking through the park on a dark night and seeing those floodlights for the first time. My father holding me tightly by the hand. 

Dragging me past the programme sellers..."You don't want one of those". 

Jumping around on the KOP when I started going with my freinds. 

Some of them dead too now. But ill look at the KOP sometimes from my seat in the South. And look where we used to stand. And remember faces...and surges.

At some stage we'll move.

It's almost inevitable these days. 

I'd prefer Hillsborough done up. 

But who knows...it might cost more to do that than   a purpose new build. 

Kinnel I’ve got a lump in my throat!

We are light years behind similar size clubs revenue wise, the ground being one of the biggest reasons. 

Im theory I wouldnt want to move, but the location mean it’s limited what can be done with it . I wouldn’t really be bothered if we moved . Sentiment is fine but if we are going achieve anything , we have to move with the times 

7 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Been to Wembley a few times (nfl and Wednesday), went on the train and it was easy, train station 2 minutes from the ground and straight on a train after. City ground is straight next to a tram line. Hillsborough I have to park on a side street and walk 15 minutes to the ground. 

Still want hillsborough though. National Stadium shouldn’t be in London. But from my experience they’ve done a decent job. 

If only there was a tram line near Hillsborough ....

• Haha 4

When it comes to the crunch if we were in the Prem League on a sustained basis then the tradition and emotion will not be a factor in what will be a hard nosed business cost / benefit analysis 

One of the biggest restrictions is the footprint that the ground sits in. With a river to one side, two main roads top and bottom and a row of terraced houses the other then available space will be a vital component of said analysis

The fact that redevelopment could almost cost as a new build another, that a stand by stand basis would impact on revenues for several seasons

For me I can see the business decision would be to move, particularly if any earmarked site as other commercial opportunities. Lets not forget what Mr C does for his core business. Take the example of MK Dons, the site was a particularly grim wasteland. Whilst traditionalists hate it, that area is now a key shopping and leisure district within the city. I could cope with a version of that stadium, or the Amex, but ambitious to say the Etihad, but this latter one has the space for outside the ground pre match and transport links 

Either way something needs doing. I'd support a move as long as it was easy to get to and away from, plenty of parking and an nice match day experience. 

We desperately need to build some non match day revenue, personally I can see how we do that at Hillsborough. 

Definite yes from me.

Exact location would be an issue, and the design. But there's no need for modern new stadia to be "flat pack bowls". 

Hillsborough might have been home for over a hundred years and been the source of great memories, but it's dated and inadequate, and needs replacing if we are to consistently have crowds of 35,000 plus.

A new stadium will cost too much unless it becomes a multi-functional stadium to part fund the development, and I'm not sure there's the demand for this in the Sheffield region.

I think we'll simply refurbish/rebuild parts of Hillsborough over the next 20 yrs or so.

Look at other clubs that have moved from there traditional home West Ham, Arsenal, Man City, Southampton.

All think lost something when they moved. Especially West Ham doesn't seem like the same club at all.

Would also say a lot of clubs that have moved ground have not really got any better on the pitch and many have found themselves in a worse financial position.

Don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke but do I think he is a safe pair of hands to entrust a move to a new stadium is a successful one? Basically I don't think he is.