Would you support a move to a new ground?

This had been covered so many times, redeveloping would be so expensive and would it achieve what’s required in a modern age stadium. There’s plenty of land around north Sheffield without moving out to somewhere like Meadowhall or the old airport that would be a big no from me but I’d support a move, I think it would benefit the club in the long run. 

To answer yes, but as long as it's not some new plastic looking soulless structure that stifles the atmosphere like, reading, Brighton or whatever Huddersfield are calling there stadium these days. The thing with Hillsborough is it has character and charm, the history bit I'm not all that bothered about, if your looking to progress on and look to the future in a forward thinking way, you create new history. 

Blades fan here in peace:

I think a BIG part of the two Sheffield club's heritage is our traditional grounds.  Sheffield Wednesday is closely associated with Hillsborough.  United with Bramall Lane.  It's part of what makes our two great clubs what they are.

We know both grounds would benefit from development; but better that than a soulless new ground.

Sure, when we visit clubs with new stadiums (supporting the Owls or the Blades) we're envious of disabled access, catering facilities, toilets, etc. etc.  But atmosphere?  Most of them aren't in the same league as Hillsborough or Bramall Lane.

So my ten-pennyworth as someone who first visited your stadium in the 70s with Owls-fans from school, keep one of the aspects of your club that most other clubs can't buy with their millions. 

I was brought up in s6 and when i bought my own house i stayed in s6,and Hillsborough was one of the main reasons so obviously people like me would be strongly against it. And i get the impression most people who would like to relocate,are people who don’t live within walking distance to the ground.

Personally i love walking to the ground,I wouldn’t wanna have to rely on public transport to get me to some new ground miles away,its not like Hillsborough is sold out every week, just needs leppings lane knocking down and starting again and have the corner bit say 3,000 seats for away fans and have the rest of it for home fans.

We would end up with some huge faceless Lego like edifice somewhere off Sheffield Parkway, however I have complete confidence in the planning department and police crapping themselves at the very thought of attempting to control match day traffic. We should have purchased the area on Penistone Road across from the Kop years ago, this could have been used for training, retail, administration, hospitality and parking, thus freeing up valuable stadium space, it would be easy to bridge across subject to consents.

Guest The Horse

If we did, I'd like some sensitivity going into the design.

Take the south stand clock with us.

Have a dedicated but modern Kop.

Basically, keep the three distinct home elements and not just an all-round amphitheatre but because they're built from scratch, they'd have all modern facilities and be far more comfortable with decent legroom and maybe hot water.

It'd be like Hillsborough but, dare it be said, elev-8-ed to a whole new level.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we got promoted would you support the club moving to a brand new larger more modern stadium to move us forward as a football club?

No.

That's right, you've been negged even for asking the question. That's how strongly I am stuck in the mud on this one.

As long as it was to a better designed stadium where we could maximize revenue, with a retractable pitch and roof so that we could host events.

There are some really well designed modern stadiums unlike the bog standard bowl designs that every team that moved to a new stadium used to build. I like the look of the one Spurs are building. If we could get something like that (Obviously on a cheaper and slightly smaller scale) it would sway me towards moving.

Unfortunately the location would probably be a problem for most on here. If like has already been mentioned we could build on Hillsborough park that would be ideal.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, George said:

No.

That's right, you've been negged even for asking the question. That's how strongly I am stuck in the mud on this one.

Given who the poster was he'll take a positive nonetheless from your very reply.lol

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc