Would you support a move to a new ground?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we got promoted would you support the club moving to a brand new larger more modern stadium to move us forward as a football club?

I see no reason why we couldn't relocate to a new area of the city and take Hillsborough with us, in fact it would be a nice project which I'd consider coming out of retirement to execute.

We seem to be waiting with bated breath whenever there's heavy rain on the way which is a problem which isn't going to go away. I checked the website "check my flood risk" and sooner or later it'll happen again, so let's move and take the ground with us.

3 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

That's quick. 

FFS

I'm surprised it's taken this long in all honesty. 2 hours since Chairman's statement! 

In answer to Neil OP. 

I'd personally be gutted to leave Hillsborough where so many memories have been created and shared. Some with people now gone.

You all do that thing I'm sure on your way to the ground. There will be some point where you fleetingly remember something , or someone, sometimes not even related to the game. 

Even "He's got a Bentley" as I pass under the stand pops in my head sometimes. 

Walking through the park on a dark night and seeing those floodlights for the first time. My father holding me tightly by the hand. 

Dragging me past the programme sellers..."You don't want one of those". 

Jumping around on the KOP when I started going with my freinds. 

Some of them dead too now. But ill look at the KOP sometimes from my seat in the South. And look where we used to stand. And remember faces...and surges.

At some stage we'll move.

It's almost inevitable these days. 

I'd prefer Hillsborough done up. 

But who knows...it might cost more to do that than   a purpose new build. 

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we got promoted would you support the club moving to a brand new larger more modern stadium to move us forward as a football club?

No 

Hillsbro is our home . The old girl is run down and needs a face lift ( a bit like our lass ) , but the World cup plans would bring her up to modern day standard . 

No need to move to an Ikea flat pack ,soulless bowl 

• Like 1

No and we shouldn't even be thinking about it until we are a sustained Premier League side that is selling out every week. Even then I'd probably say no, the grass isn't always greener. I'm not against redeveloping parts of Hillsborough and I think realistically that will need to happen in the not too distant future.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

Would like Hillsborough done up, but if they say we are moving wouldn’t be too upset. I wouldn’t be chaining myself to the gates etc. Times change and after going to Man City ground and Wembley you can see the attraction. Big concourses with lots to offer and organised transport links. But I’d miss Hillsborough, for me the best old fashioned English ground left. 

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Would like Hillsborough done up, but if they say we are moving wouldn’t be too upset. I wouldn’t be chaining myself to the gates etc. Times change and after going to Man City ground and Wembley you can see the attraction. Big concourses with lots to offer and organised transport links. But I’d miss Hillsborough, for me the best old fashioned English ground left. 

Give me a break. Wembley does not have organised transport links. getting in and out is a mess. Massive queues they don't event put on extra tube trains.

Concourses selling over priced sh 1t food and over priced rubbish beer.....I am not that bothered, but I suppose it raises money for the club.

I only go for the football. I just love it when we win. 

5 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Give me a break. Wembley does not have organised transport links. getting in and out is a mess. Massive queues they don't event put on extra tube trains.

Concourses selling over priced sh 1t food and over priced rubbish beer.....I am not that bothered, but I suppose it raises money for the club.

I only go for the football. I just love it when we win. 

Been to Wembley a few times (nfl and Wednesday), went on the train and it was easy, train station 2 minutes from the ground and straight on a train after. City ground is straight next to a tram line. Hillsborough I have to park on a side street and walk 15 minutes to the ground. 

Still want hillsborough though. National Stadium shouldn’t be in London. But from my experience they’ve done a decent job.