ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 9 - Catering and stadium naming rights

I for one would really prefer the existing ground be redeveloped, Hillsborough is our heritage. Can you imagine Old Trafford being relocated?

I wouldn't want to move to a new ground with the cold "pre fab" feel of Bolton and the obligatory running track surrounding the pitch and sponsored ground name changing every season  

No thanks. There were some excellent designs put forward to redevelop Hilsbrough if we won the hosting of the world cup i would like to see those ideas implemented 

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC should run for parliament he is brilliant at not answering the question asked, why did you bring the catering in house - the steering groups fault, ever fan I know cannot understand why the club got rid of beres.

Would we get a sponsorship deal for the stadium, no because of the economic climate but yesterday he was slagging business off for not buying the corporate boxes as the economy changed that much from part 8 to 9.

Could Thai foods or John West owned by DC daddy not help his son out with FFP. I would do it if it was my son and I had the cash.

As for moving the stadium, spend some money on developing the stadium so we can sit in all the seats we have lost revenue every game because we have 15,000 empty seats even selling them at £10 would get us £150,000 a match FFP sorted over the season not including the match day revenue from food and other from the extra fans.

.how the feck can we sell 15000 empty seats at 10 quid a time when we are selling all the others at 30 to 49 quid a time ........how would you advertise it ...."get your tickets for Bristol from 36 quid if they all sell out we have another 15k available at 10 quid "........chuck in the away support cant pay anymore than the home fans so it would be a tenner for them .....all that apart not a bad post  

• Haha 3

Just now, torryowl said:

.how the feck can we sell 15000 empty seats at 10 quid a time when we are selling all the others at 30 to 49 quid a time ........how would you advertise it ...."get your tickets for Bristol from 36 quid if they all sell out we have another 15k available at 10 quid "........chuck in the away support cant pay anymore than the home fans so it would be a tenner for them .....all that apart not a bad post  

Don’t let facts get in the way of a DC bash  lol

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

But Eithad (not been to Emirates) was one of most souless places I have watched football.

Derby, Reading, Middlesbro, Stoke just lifeless places I find.

Totally agree. I went to champions league game there and was bored senseless (and it was £8 for a tray of chips) 

Curious to know whether or not the two owners of Sheffield United would lease Bramhall Lane for a season for the right price.

Rotherham isn't an option, only 12k, and they own the stadium.

Leeds is likely too far away, but they don't own the stadium and might be willing to lease.

The only other option is Wembley, Tottenham is done with it by early next season, but without Champions League and PL revenues in I doubt we could afford it.

Edited by Indoor Owl

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC should run for parliament he is brilliant at not answering the question asked, why did you bring the catering in house - the steering groups fault, ever fan I know cannot understand why the club got rid of beres.

Would we get a sponsorship deal for the stadium, no because of the economic climate but yesterday he was slagging business off for not buying the corporate boxes as the economy changed that much from part 8 to 9.

Could Thai foods or John West owned by DC daddy not help his son out with FFP. I would do it if it was my son and I had the cash.

As for moving the stadium, spend some money on developing the stadium so we can sit in all the seats we have lost revenue every game because we have 15,000 empty seats even selling them at £10 would get us £150,000 a match FFP sorted over the season not including the match day revenue from food and other from the extra fans.

I think it's been explained on here before that TUF, as PLC, can't just pump money into a football club, as they are accountable to shareholders. And I'm fairly sure they wouldn't approve. 

2 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Curious to know whether or not the two owners of Sheffield United would lease Bramhall Lane for a season for the right price.

Rotherham isn't an option, only 12k, and they own the stadium.

Leeds is likely too far away, but they don't own the stadium and might be willing to lease.

The only other option is Wembley, Tottenham is done with it by early next season, but without Champions League and PL revenues in I doubt we could afford it.

I've got a right idea. Why don't we stay in our current stadium until the new one is built. 

Im not sure travelling to Wembley for home games will catch on. Just a hunch. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

But Eithad (not been to Emirates) was one of most souless places I have watched football.

Derby, Reading, Middlesbro, Stoke just lifeless places I find.

Tbf in the early rounds of the cup the atmosphere tends to be poor wherever you are

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

Nothing overly contentious there. 

I think this statement right here sums up peoples attitude with the Chairman at the moment. 

People, including me, are looking for little snippets to pull to pieces rather than taking what he's saying on face value and finding positives. 

All people have been screaming for over a very long period of time is a sugar daddy saviour of a chairman.

Now we've got one some have decided we wanted one with tons of experience of club ownership in the UK, one who only ever signs players that turn out to be a success, a chairman who guarantees promotion etc etc

Maybe some of us never wanted this anyway.  Maybe some would have preferred someone local and relatively potless who said all the right stuff as he collected the rent for our stadium.  Maybe some people will never be fuckinghappy and prefer the comfort zone of true stagnation and misery.

I would be very sad if we left Hillsborough. It's the ground I have always known us be at other than looking through the history books.

Perhaps there were fans upset at us leaving Bramall land and Olive Grove but we did.

DC will weigh up the cost of a redeveloped Hillsborough as opposed to a new ground. I feel the latter will be more cost effective and help with revenue more than a redeveloped Hillsborough. I just hope if and when the time comes we don't stray too far from where we are and the stadium is a minimum 40k with the capacity to expand. I'd even say 45k if we are a regular top 10 side.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

I've got a right idea. Why don't we stay in our current stadium until the new one is built. 

Im not sure travelling to Wembley for home games will catch on. Just a hunch. 

It may be challenging to completely tear down and rebuild a stadium at S6 while still being able to maintain a pitch there...

17 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

It may be challenging to completely tear down and rebuild a stadium at S6 while still being able to maintain a pitch there...

IF !!! a new stadium were to be built it wouldn't be feasible to build in the same location, better access, parking facilities etc would be part of the new plans 

2 hours ago, ramone said:

I think this statement right here sums up peoples attitude with the Chairman at the moment. 

People, including me, are looking for little snippets to pull to pieces rather than taking what he's saying on face value and finding positives. 

Pretty much. 

I mean each statement is obviously open to interpretation, but if we are looking to find fault in them inevitably we will. 

Out of the 9 or so I’ve read so far, the most provocative was the one about exec boxes i.e., some box holder only wanted it when it was cheap, or words to that affect.

Truth be told, the responses have been pretty much what I expected and haven’t told me all that much which I didn’t know or assume. It’s a PR exercise intended to bring a bit of clarity. Those who were expecting Chansiri to concede on certain points or admit he’s been wrong on this or that were always going to be dissapointed. 

Perhaps that is why the nitpicking is going on? At no point in part 9 does Chansiri state we’re moving, yet some have reached the conclusion we’re moving next week.