ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 9 - Catering and stadium naming rights

I don't really read anything into the last sentence but the reality is that if he wants the club to move on he will build a new stadium. As he rightly says Hillsborough wasn't designed for the modern game.

2 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

No plans to move, don't look that far ahead... Within a couple of posts - he's planning to move to a new stadium once we're in the Prem.

lol

Won't be long before it's become - "he promised us a move to a new stadium".

Tbf, if you believe some on here, he "promised" we'd be in the Premer League this season :duntmatter:

I've said it before but it wouldn't surprise me if there are serious plans for a move away from Hillsborough already. Internally, I absolutely believe this is something the club will have at least a foothold idea of in terms of potential sites, costs, intended capacity etc, maybe even some early design work.

I'd expect to start hearing strong suggestions and overtures from the club about a new ground within the first year of us being a Premier League side, with confirmed and publicised intentions within year two. 

I know everything has felt like a frustrating stall this year but I would expect a lot of things, especially off the field, to start moving rapidly should we ever go up. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

He has already got rid of our stripes , our proper Owl ,and now has basically admitted he wants to get rid of our home as well. Our heritage and tradition is being slowly being destroyed piece by piece.   

He hasn't said that. 

Grow the f*ck up. 

It's embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good breakdown of the catering and good explanation of the naming rights. Sounds more open to change things and potentially do changes in the stadium compared to his stance on kit and tickets. Good answers and I think it’s great he is doing this. 

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Although S6 born & bread; I'm not against a move.

But for another Poster to argue that we've moved before, doesn't hold. Our last move was in 1899.

So we have moved before. 

On every factual level what I just stated was correct. 

You're just doing the usual thing of looking for an argument. 

At the risk of getting pelters, we have to accept change and that includes the possibility of leaving "our" home ground. The game of football has changed beyond comprehension of what we could have believed possible, even 25 years ago, let alone the last 100 years. The thing is, a number of our fan base would rather it stay that way for no reason beyond their own interest and personal sentimentality. The club was before us and will be beyond us - we are merely the present. To our children, grandchildren and beyond, Hillsborough will one day become our forefathers Olive Grove. The probability that I will have to witness our last ever game at Hillsborough does not fill me with any joy whatsoever - far from it. But in the interests of the future of the club - the team I want my children to continue to watch when I am gone and for them to take their children to their first game, it has to happen. The geography and transport challenges around the ground put pay to any hope of it being anything other than a move to a new stadium, at some point, let alone 1989, facilities, non-matchday revenue capability etc etc.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Yes 

Sounds like he has plans to move away from Hillsborough 

This imo would be brilliant. I love Hillsborough, but new stadia if done properly (Emirates, Etihad) are excellent places to watch football

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

But Eithad (not been to Emirates) was one of most souless places I have watched football.

Derby, Reading, Middlesbro, Stoke just lifeless places I find.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

But Eithad (not been to Emirates) was one of most souless places I have watched football.

Derby, Reading, Middlesbro, Stoke just lifeless places I find.

I can see your point, but having watched us for 40 years, I wouldn't claim that Hillsborough is rocking every other week either. Is it what we sometimes, with rose tinted spectacles, want to believe?