ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 9 - Catering and stadium naming rights

15 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Why bother moving if as you say we build a 30k stadium?

The reason for building another stadium would be purely commercial reasons. Hillsborough for all its old world charm is not fit for modern football. The concourses for instance are no where wide enough. 

43 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Understand that but the majority shareholder in Thai food group is DC daddy and he is reportedly worth 100's of millions. If your Son ran a football club and you could help him out would you or not bother.

I would like to think if it was me i would.

In the same way all the other deals in place for places like the Ethihad (a company owned by their chairman and shareholders)

Below was how MCFC got round the laws

UEFA have already ruled that City’s business relationship with Etihad is not a ‘related party’ arrangement, despite their Abu Dhabi connection, and therefore it does not break their Financial Fair Play Regulations.

If my lad bought a football club I would tell him to balls, and to sort his own mess out.

Must have more money than sense. 

Said it before, Just go and buy the dog track and all the land uncle Dave owns behind it. Build a new stadium still in S6 and call it owlerton. fits all the chairmans wishes for keeping heritage and having a modern state of the art stadium he can maximise revenue from.

You can have that idea for free Mr Chairman, You are welcome

25 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

Said it before, Just go and buy the dog track and all the land uncle Dave owns behind it. Build a new stadium still in S6 and call it owlerton. fits all the chairmans wishes for keeping heritage and having a modern state of the art stadium he can maximise revenue from.

You can have that idea for free Mr Chairman, You are welcome

You could get the whole of Hillsborough Park (with the right Councillors on side) and build a multi purpose stadium rename the tram stop Hillsborough stadium and probably get grants and support from the council for creating jobs building it.

But the beauty of the Old stadium is it is not the boring bowl stadiums you find every where in the country, it has history and Character and for me we would be lesser for losing it. When Arsenal were at highbury is was an imposing building now they find themselves at the Bowl, St James Park, Old Trafford, Anfield all ground like are which are iconic because of their history bad or good.

Now you get the bowl like Southampton, Middlesborogh, Arsenal, Bolton etc you could pick one of them up drop it in another part of the country change the name and colour and it could be any one of these as they are not iconic.

For me stay at Hillsborough and fix the place up, it has not had any real upgrading since Euro 96 - 21 years ago and that was only the South other than the occasional lick of paint.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

You could get the whole of Hillsborough Park (with the right Councillors on side) and build a multi purpose stadium rename the tram stop Hillsborough stadium and probably get grants and support from the council for creating jobs building it.

But the beauty of the Old stadium is it is not the boring bowl stadiums you find every where in the country, it has history and Character and for me we would be lesser for losing it. When Arsenal were at highbury is was an imposing building now they find themselves at the Bowl, St James Park, Old Trafford, Anfield all ground like are which are iconic because of their history bad or good.

Now you get the bowl like Southampton, Middlesborogh, Arsenal, Bolton etc you could pick one of them up drop it in another part of the country change the name and colour and it could be any one of these as they are not iconic.

For me stay at Hillsborough and fix the place up, it has not had any real upgrading since Euro 96 - 21 years ago and that was only the South other than the occasional lick of paint.

Who says it has to be a bowl stadium? You can build them anyway you want, The problem we have at the min is the lack space to build up or around the ground. Even if we wanted to I doubt the revenue he wants can be generated from what we have

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's like at the bottom of a massive hill, on a flood plain and next to a graveyard and train track

replace train track with road and tram track and that's exaxtly what we have at the min isn't it? There is a load more land there than we have and the council are never going to let us build on the park

2 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

Who says it has to be a bowl stadium? You can build them anyway you want, The problem we have at the min is the lack space to build up or around the ground. Even if we wanted to I doubt the revenue he wants can be generated from what we have

At the beginning of the 1990's we and the blades were both in the top division and when they were building Don Valley they offered to make it a 50,000 seater stadium but for both clubs to play at, like they do in Italy but we both turned it as we were both in the top flight and we had iconic homes. I have often thought had we both moved would be both now still be in the top flight and flourishing or would we be no better off.

Who knows!

2 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

replace train track with road and tram track and that's exaxtly what we have at the min isn't it? There is a load more land there than we have and the council are never going to let us build on the park

I don't know St Luke's nearly built on Graves Park before someone pointed out to the council they don't own it :duntmatter: