Is SWFC's recruitment that bad?

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

not sure about that .....if one business deals with another and they want to keep there financial arrangement secret then that's there prerogative ......there's absolutely no reason why the customers/ fans should be told as far as I can see .

Public money is the typical argument:

Both the FA and EFL receive some government funding, and a fair number of grounds have used public money for building or renovating.

In addition the policing expenses related to football are rarely covered by the clubs.

There's plenty of argument to be had on an excuse to 'force' it on clubs, but I just think it would make the dealings of the game much more transparent.

See the endless bickering on here re: Doyen involvement and alleged transfer fees (though as a whole I think fans get far too wrapped up in how someone else's money is being spent).

But mostly I'm just curious about the fees, and I demand that I be indulged !

15 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Far too much credence given to Roeder with regards to signings by you.

Absolute guess work by you in regards to fees and wages.

Barmy everything about the club is guess work as their communication is none existent.

From what I have said is there anything you agree with or is it all bad.

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Public money is the typical argument:

Both the FA and EFL receive some government funding, and a fair number of grounds have used public money for building or renovating.

In addition the policing expenses related to football are rarely covered by the clubs.

There's plenty of argument to be had on an excuse to 'force' it on clubs, but I just think it would make the dealings of the game much more transparent.

See the endless bickering on here re: Doyen involvement and alleged transfer fees (though as a whole I think fans get far too wrapped up in how someone else's money is being spent).

But mostly I'm just curious about the fees, and I demand that I be indulged !

the bottom reason is why we all want to know but I can understand why clubs don't want divulge what a player costs ....what do they say,is it the  the fee between the clubs , the fee being paid to the agents involved .....and bear in mind the agents may not want it divulged and if clubs do then they may not deal  or do them any favours in the future  . it's not like the old days where the 2 chairman got together over a bit of lunch and thrashed out deal and then told the player he was being sold is it ....

On 08/11/2017 at 16:02, room0035 said:

Barmy everything about the club is guess work as their communication is none existent.

From what I have said is there anything you agree with or is it all bad.

When you post something about the team you blather on and on, qouting figures for transfer fees and wages, its all hot air, always thought it best to make stuff up.......... than say nothing at all....... but you know this already. 

People have grumbled about CC's/DC's spending on two forwards - Winnall and Rhodes, but look at the facts.  Everyone is clamouring for a striker. Deadline is fast-approaching. It would appear that the Rhodes -deal is dead in the water. A chance arises for Wed to purchase a young, prolific  , proven striker in Sam Winnall. CC pounces days before the deadline, and buys Winnall. Had the deadline then passed, Carlos would have been a star despite being unable to achieve his aim. At the last moment, the Rhodes -deal is on again.

What does anyone do in this situation? Accept the lesser of the two, or finish with both? He buys both, with the view that Winnall  will become a re-saleable asset

Unfortunately, neither fits our set up initially. 

This doesn't make either a bad deal.

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

When you post something about the team you blather on and on, qouting figures for transfer fees and wages, its all hot air, always thought it best to make stuff up.......... than say nothing at all....... but you know this already. 

Have you not had your pills today, as you sound like you are your usual happy self.

You continue to attack me and anyone that does not support everything that is wrong with the club because of course the club knows best. No they don't when the club balls everything up and that is coming in the next 6 months if we don't get promoted to mask all the continuous mistakes being made both on and off the pitch - the law of averages says they should have got something right in the last 2 and a bit years. Or they will go into administration and send other smaller business and traders out of business costing people their jobs and livelyhood's because the money they are owed won't get paid.

But don't worry the fans can continue to pay for all these mistakes because basically we are all mugs and what ever they charge us or what every they try to sell us be that an over price shirt or a pile of dog poo with a club badge on, we will buy it because the fans don't know what they are dong the club knows best. Its not like any of the fans own and run business because if they did they would buy the over priced corporate boxes and give the club more money to waste. 

I would suggest getting some fresh air and chilling out a bit or stop having such a narrow minded view of what is happening at the club. Read the directors statement according to him the club is managed very well, all the transfer failures are Carlos fault and Doyes have nothing to do with any off the transfers if you believe this all to be true then I think you may have been living in a bubble for the last 2 years.

I note none of his statements so far have covered the 150th anniversary or lack of anything happening other than a over priced ball and moving an event that happens ever year because they had sign one free agent with all our season ticket money. Why the shirts took 10 weeks in to the season and still have not all arrived but don't worry you can all pay a league record price for the ones we have and if you don't get them quick the price goes up by £10 oh and by the way we forgot to tell you all the sizes are not UK sizes so you will have to take another day off work to come back and get the correct shirt for your kids, or the lack of any sponsorship in the stadium other than the chairman's, the lack of a stadium sponsorship a tactic every proper football club in the league uses to get money into the club, The fact that no corporate boxes have been sold to external people from the club for 3 years due to the insane pricing structure and still the club miss the point with the pricing in the corporate areas with Dooleys lounge and boxes for the next 4 games but don't worry we are all mugs and we will pay it, or the match day experience which due to the joke turnstile system, the catering facility's and the fact the club shop need shutting down has all come together to cost a lot of money to produce nothing, but we the fans continue to pay for it because that is the only reason we are here is it not, as we don't have a clue about anything we are all brain dead morons who other than paying money don't have a clue about anything.

But don't worry there will also be those that believe everything is being done correctly and anyone who deviates from the herd is wrong I mean how can they know anything. I could tell you I know quite a few of the internal staff at the club on the none playing side due to my dealings with them and the company I work for, I also could tell you I work with people who have family who play for the club's youth and first team, I could also tell you i still have friend who work deal with the club on a financial level frequently. But how could I know anything as everything I post is not what the club tell us so I must be wrong.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Have you not had your pills today, as you sound like you are your usual happy self.

You continue to attack me and anyone that does not support everything that is wrong with the club because of course the club knows best. No they don't when the club balls everything up and that is coming in the next 6 months if we don't get promoted to mask all the continuous mistakes being made both on and off the pitch - the law of averages says they should have got something right in the last 2 and a bit years. Or they will go into administration and send other smaller business and traders out of business costing people their jobs and livelyhood's because the money they are owed won't get paid.

But don't worry the fans can continue to pay for all these mistakes because basically we are all mugs and what ever they charge us or what every they try to sell us be that an over price shirt or a pile of dog poo with a club badge on, we will buy it because the fans don't know what they are dong the club knows best. Its not like any of the fans own and run business because if they did they would buy the over priced corporate boxes and give the club more money to waste. 

I would suggest getting some fresh air and chilling out a bit or stop having such a narrow minded view of what is happening at the club. Read the directors statement according to him the club is managed very well, all the transfer failures are Carlos fault and Doyes have nothing to do with any off the transfers if you believe this all to be true then I think you may have been living in a bubble for the last 2 years.

I note none of his statements so far have covered the 150th anniversary or lack of anything happening other than a over priced ball and moving an event that happens ever year because they had sign one free agent with all our season ticket money. Why the shirts took 10 weeks in to the season and still have not all arrived but don't worry you can all pay a league record price for the ones we have and if you don't get them quick the price goes up by £10 oh and by the way we forgot to tell you all the sizes are not UK sizes so you will have to take another day off work to come back and get the correct shirt for your kids, or the lack of any sponsorship in the stadium other than the chairman's, the lack of a stadium sponsorship a tactic every proper football club in the league uses to get money into the club, The fact that no corporate boxes have been sold to external people from the club for 3 years due to the insane pricing structure and still the club miss the point with the pricing in the corporate areas with Dooleys lounge and boxes for the next 4 games but don't worry we are all mugs and we will pay it, or the match day experience which due to the joke turnstile system, the catering facility's and the fact the club shop need shutting down has all come together to cost a lot of money to produce nothing, but we the fans continue to pay for it because that is the only reason we are here is it not, as we don't have a clue about anything we are all brain dead morons who other than paying money don't have a clue about anything.

But don't worry there will also be those that believe everything is being done correctly and anyone who deviates from the herd is wrong I mean how can they know anything. I could tell you I know quite a few of the internal staff at the club on the none playing side due to my dealings with them and the company I work for, I also could tell you I work with people who have family who play for the club's youth and first team, I could also tell you i still have friend who work deal with the club on a financial level frequently. But how could I know anything as everything I post is not what the club tell us so I must be wrong.

Chapter after chapter, blah, blah, christ alive the only thing factual about your posts i REPLY to are the date and time. 

3 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

I love the way these supposedly in the know people almost always have written English straight from the year 7 D stream 

I thought it was bad enough having one prat on here it looks like there are more.

Wookie  I am assuming you are probably in year 7 as no one over 25 calls it year 7. When I went to school it was 1st year at comp up to 5th year when you get that far get back in touch.

38 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I thought it was bad enough having one prat on here it looks like there are more.

Wookie  I am assuming you are probably in year 7 as no one over 25 calls it year 7. When I went to school it was 1st year at comp up to 5th year when you get that far get back in touch.

Ok,as the the "prat" replying to one of your diatribes...................

Your opinions do not equal "CLUB MISTAKES,ON OR OFF THE FIELD"

Where for the love of god do you get this pearler of yours from ?

"Or they will go into administration and send other smaller business and traders out of business costing people their jobs and livelyhood's because the money they are owed won't get paid."

Your ever so cheap jibe about "moving an event that happens every year"...............owls in the park yes ?

Newsflash,we do not own or have exclusive use of said park,got bugger all to do with "signing one free agent with season ticket money".

Actually take in,understand the issues prior to the release of "Shirt",stop yourself making up sh-t,it really is all there for you to read.............(.you'll ignore that because thats what you do.)

Have you ever given a thought that Mr Chairman may be open to stadium sponsorship ?,but maybe,just maybe is waiting for the right partner,company?

As for the rest............................you can tell a good story fella i'll give ya that,getting yourself in a strop over things you have naff all control over,i would suggest it's you who needs to get fresh air,may clear all the sh-t running through ya head

Sincerely

Prat number 1.

Back on topic, yes clearly the recruitment has been THAT bad You only have to switch on the tv and look at the football on offer Players with power and pace, able to run at opponents and make things happen The type of players we’ve recruited simply can’t do that It’s not their fault, they are the players who haven’t been able to adapt to the modern game

So, we are now stuck with a group of aging players, out of sync with football today,

IMO it has been absolutely terrible since Jan 16, the last decent bit of business was Hooper at £3m.

We needed a bullying muscley CM, everyone said it, everyone saw it at Wembley, except CC and DC. We got Abdi!!!

After buying Fletcher and Winall why the chuff did we need to ruin our transfer budget and FFP on Rhodes. Didn't make sense at the time, still doesn't make sense. 

A recruitment strategy focussed on experience is what was stated! Well we've got plenty of that and no pace, energy or ability to play at high tempo is the result. An astonishing lack of balance and older players ensues that means we're going to be fairly impotent in the transfer market for a while until these big contracts run down. 

I think we're in a mess. I hope I'm wrong

Often I feel I’m in a parallel universe People talking about us needing wingers to get the crosses in for the likes of Rhodes and Fletcher What is that all about? When did we last see quality sides playing like that? Sure, it can be part of any teams armoury, but having strikers just waiting in the box for that elusive cross, is just so old fashioned In modern football, you simply can’t carry players like that