Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 1 Barnsley - Official Matchday Thread

Greetings my dear spunk-trumpets!

In a week where the Chairman has urged us to be positive I am going to try just that! Though it will be hard.
Not least since I have been spending my days and nights trawling Owlstalk. Nought else to do. As I pad around a shivvering ,clandestine prisoner on my own gatehouse after the return of the Lady wife to Snoot Hall. My man , Stubbs,  brings me food.  But he can't be seen to be heading down here with a silver platter, for it would only arouse suspicion. He goes to the pub most nights and throws what scraps he can through the open window.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Last night I had to have baked beans. Out of a tin! With no toast! Cold, tasteless gruel. I know now what it must be like now for you poor souls who eat at the ground.

Oops/ Sorry Mr C!

I can't even light the fire for fear that she will see the glow and come and find me. And then what? Dragged back to the marital bed. God no! 

It's cold In here. Freezing . The beans are. ..dreadful. I have an old blanket. But can feel the cold permeate my bones. It seeps I through every pore. My very soul feels the damp chill.

Which is why I so look forward to tomorrow's game despite our terrible form. As soon as Stubbs drives the car through that archway I shall leap in the back and off to the match. Warming myself with the mini bar in the back, and for those few hours my heart will be warmed.

WEDNESDAY - V - BARNSLEY

12:30 Kick-Off

No automatic alt text available.

Yes Ive never been so excited about an early kick off!

We're in poor form admittedly. Our only consolation is that they aren't much better, they have the 2 defeat in 5 to our 4.

The only difference really between the two clubs at the moment is that they are 4 points behind us despite having sold around £25m worth of talent in the last 3 years while we've spent £30m and there's only fractions in it

Anyway, lets not dwell on that.. Positivity!

Their man Heckingbottom has done a terrific job. He really has. Links of course with The Wednesday.

" Paul Heckingbottom did the Can-Can down the M4 after we won the League One play-off final in 2005.
The traffic was horrendous trying to leave Cardiff. We were at a standstill, surrounded by cars all full of Wednesday fans.
Suddenly, the alarm went off and I thought a window had been smashed or something. I looked round, saw the side door was open, then out of the window saw Hecky dancing down the motorway with the cup. He was jumping on top of cars, bouncing up and down, getting selfies with fans. It was unbelievable.
Everyone was feeling a bit hungover and tired on the bus, but that just kicked everybody on and got the party started again."

Lee Bullen

heckingbottom-wednesday.jpg

.And hes, he's not the only man to link the two clubs. No. There's also David Hirst, the Cudworth flyer who.....ah blast. I'll not go down this avenue given the current state of things. We've been asked to be positive. And by God I will! 

There's also Sam Winnall. But he plays for Derby...

Erm...

Let me think.

Ahh yes. The boy Wilson. Another Wednesday/Barnsley crossover man. What a job he did the first time with the Dingles. Just like Bazil and all that business. 

And of course this...

Danny_Wilson_Sheff_Wed_v_Chelsea_1991_League_cup_semi_final_SWFC.gif.bbba38cc2a6c45c43bc355553a9c09e6.gif

In a week in which we have been urged to be positive I also have some great news for those that worry about such things.

We will not be getting outnumbered in midfield this week!

Yay!

.image.png.bfe130a0abdc31e5bb60d63a4d349bb1.png

Apparently Lloyd Isgrove (remember him?) could make his dingles debut. It'd be sods law wouldn't it..

Wednesday will line up....ahh...you all know the drill by now, what we do, no need for a diagram.

I know a few Dingles who are saying they'll do us. But that is just bravado.

The facts are these..

1) Barnsley have lost 12 of their last 14 league games against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough!

2) We always play better against teams in better form than us, and amazingly that includes the Dingles!

Now if that isn't a positive. I don't know what is!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

• Like 5

Well, if we can all agree on one thing and one thing only, it’s that this can’t go on. Something’s got to give. The current status quo is unsustainable and it’s going nobody any good. It’s starting to affect performances across the board. 

Snoots, YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A GO ON THE MISSUS SOONER OR LATER.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Well, if we can all agree on one thing and one thing only, it’s that this can’t go on. Something’s got to give. The current status quo is unsustainable and it’s going nobody any good. It’s starting to affect performances across the board. 

Snoots, YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A GO ON THE MISSUS SOONER OR LATER.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning all.

Nice one Snooty.

Back to winning ways in this one.  Time to put the last results behind us and focus now on building up a nice winning streak.  

I reckon a 4-1  Wednesday win is on the cards.   Baz, Hoops, Lee and Wallace with the goals.

TO VICTORY!!

• Like 1

A MUST win.

These next two home games could be the tipping point of the season. Two wins and all of sudden we're not too far behind where we have been the last few season in terms of points, two lifeless performances and it will be poisonous. Today won't be easy.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 v 1 Barnsley