Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 1 Barnsley - Official Matchday Thread

5 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Got a season ticket and couldn't be bothered going today.  Pretty much sums it up at the moment. 

was going to go today, worked out the cost, would have been 95 quid just for ticket and transport, decided not to.

Just got back in car. Battered them for 80min but never in my life seen a Wednesday side so scared to shoot, so poor at it when they do, and so hesitant to get balls into the danger zone.

Our attacking play was very good until we get to within 25 yards of goal, and then it's just 'after you'...'no, after you'...'you do it'...'no, I insist...'. Absolutely unbelievable.

Mentally we are absolutely phhhhucked. Our attacking knackers have shrivelled and retracted. God knows why.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

or we have a Chairman that notwithstanding his 'generosity', doesn't really have a grasp that football is a results based business on and off the pitch.

The odd thing is he's put loads of money into the club - he only makes any profit if we go up. 

If we are not doing well he has plenty to lose and nothing to gain. 

The only explanation is that he has a really close relationship with Carlos and believes him when he is telling him he can turn it around. Unfortunately we can all see that, that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Just got back in car. Battered them for 80min but never in my life seen a Wednesday side so scared to shoot, so poor at it when they do, and so hesitant to get balls into the danger zone.

Our attacking play was very good until we get to within 25 yards of goal, and then it's just 'after you'...'no, after you'...'you do it'...'no, I insist...'. Absolutely unbelievable.

Mentally we are absolutely phhhhucked. Our attacking knackers have shrivelled and retracted. God knows why.

Two playoff defeats will do that to a team. We should have made much bigger changes to the squad over the summer to try and combat that side of things. Problem is even if Carlos goes a new manager would still have a big job reapairing the mental damage that has been done. We need to shake up the playing side as well as the managerial one.

Guest Copthorneowl

Players to blame 100% more than enough gilt edged chances nobody on the touch line be it Carlos or Fergie can put the ball in the net FACT.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Its exactly the same performance we now expect from a CC team.

22 shots with six on target means that we played hit and hope football without an ounce of creativity.

Its obvious that CC hasnt got a clue when match after match we play like this and he does nothing to change it. I don't think he knows what to do so he does nothing.

Everything about the team and manager has all been said before.

If the owners think what is happening is acceptable then they should also go too.

I knew the season would unfold this way before it started. 

Anyone who understands football could see the problems starting a long time ago.

The farce at Hillsborough has gone on long enough. 

I feel sorry for the new manager as he will inherit a poor side. Maybe he can whip them into shape, get them fit(they arent match fit at present) and change tactics.

The problems at wednesday run much deeper than just the manger. Its been that way since the betting scandal with Swan etc in the 60s.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How did you find it?

Review it for us

Hotter than a thousand suns. Been peeling off strips of cooked mouth all second half. Think my teeth are slightly loose from the gums swelling.

On the nose, the body is heavy, acrid and oddly velveteen, like being suffocated with a beanbag full of hot farts. Taste-wise i detected base notes of potting compost, burnt toffee, seawater, seagull, Viking blood, dad's shoes, hatred, Brovril and condoms.

It says on the cup it contains 68% of my RDA of salt. In that regard alone, it seems to represent excellent value for money.

3/10, would rather buy again than support Barnsley who were utterly abysmal

Edited by Mr. Tom

These draws are pretty soul destroying it has to be said. Think the fact that this thread has only reached 22 pages is an indicator of the apathy around the club at present.

We had good attacking moments yes, and were unlucky that Davies made some great saves, but we were way too pedestrian in the second half especially and invited them onto us. Barnsley were very poor first half but they matched us in the second half - all we had to do was get out of second gear and we’d have pulled away, but that just seems beyond us at this point.

The frustration continues. Seen absolutely nothing today that makes me think we can beat Millwall on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Two playoff defeats will do that to a team. We should have made much bigger changes to the squad over the summer to try and combat that side of things. Problem is even if Carlos goes a new manager would still have a big job reapairing the mental damage that has been done. We need to shake up the playing side as well as the managerial one.

Honestly I’m super frustrated after today but in fairness there was nothing wrong with the tactics or setup at all, and the players worked hard. We really did attack pretty tenaciously for most of the game, barring a quiet spell in second half either side of their goal.

Performance was reasonably solid, setup was decent, attitude totally commendable.

Confidence/killer instinct in final third, pretty much zero.

Edited by Mr. Tom