Hutchinson vs Jones

Two very different players for the same position. When Hutchinson's fully fit and integrated in the side I think he's the obvious choice. However with Jones' improving form and the fact he's started the majority of games this season, would you want Hutch coming straight into the side when he returns from injury or rather see him on the bench and make him fight for the position?

For me there's just too much of a question mark over his fitness and I think I'd rather seem him introduced back into the side slowly despite probably being the better footballer. 

Jones.

He is a proper midfielder, with a hugely successful record getting out of this division. Trusted by Dyche week in week out, and it worked.

His record with us since getting his place back is fabulous. One defeat in 13.....that alone does it for me.

Hutch is awesome. A highly visible and popular player due to his effort and guts. But he is a defender, and plays too deep when asked to play midfield.

Our recent record with Hutch is poor. I think 3 defeats and two draws from memory.

Definitely Jones. 

2 hours ago, chazzyowl said:

Two very different players for the same position. When Hutchinson's fully fit and integrated in the side I think he's the obvious choice. However with Jones' improving form and the fact he's started the majority of games this season, would you want Hutch coming straight into the side when he returns from injury or rather see him on the bench and make him fight for the position?

For me there's just too much of a question mark over his fitness and I think I'd rather seem him introduced back into the side slowly despite probably being the better footballer. 

Improving form?? He's been terrible for the majority, even worse in games where its mattered.  His form up to the international break was shocking but sadly there was no back up to replace him, hence why he started so much.

35 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

And? I suppose that's us going up then

Doesn't know what a forward pass is, and is ran past like he's invisible! he cant even foul properly

How many key forward passes does S.H make? Seems to me he almost plays as a 3rd center half. He runs around like a mad man smashing folk and everyone loves him for it. (it is entertaining i'll give him that)

A likeable player, I just think were a better team with Jones doing that particular job within the side.

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hutch as soon as he's fully fit. Perfect for the diamond formation.

Totally agree.  Hutch is miles better at the defensive side of the game which will provide a platform for our creative players to go and play.  Too many times in the Pigs and Leeds games, the opposition were waltzing around Jones.  We need Hutch back in when we are playing this system.

If it's a conventional 4-4-2 with wingers that we played for the majority of last season, you could argue Jones plays the role better as Hutch was invariably too deep and as a consequence the other central midfielder had too much to do.