Hutchinson vs Jones

6 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

Shouldn't even be a debate, Jones is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot

Obviously, you’re not versed on the subtleties of the game. I wouldn’t necessarily states Jones is World Class or better than Hutch for that matter but he is a good player. 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Jones isn’t fit to wipe Hutch’s arse. Hutch is by far the best midfielder and he is a central defender by trade. 

Jones is Darren Potter in disguise.

couldn't have wrote it better ,so much like potter. if jones plays over 80% of our games this season,then I can assure you we wont make top 6 never mind going up. jones cant tackle ,cant score(well he gets 1 a season) don't run at defenders in fact what does he do? yer stands around in his 5 yard area near half way line .if this was sorted in summer like 99% knew it needed sorting we would be a lot higher up the table. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

couldn't have wrote it better ,so much like potter. if jones plays over 80% of our games this season,then I can assure you we wont make top 6 never mind going up. jones cant tackle ,cant score(well he gets 1 a season) don't run at defenders in fact what does he do? yer stands around in his 5 yard area near half way line .if this was sorted in summer like 99% knew it needed sorting we would be a lot higher up the table. 

How do you explain 4 promotions as a near ever-present in those sides?

Jones is 33 next month, even with players fitness levels these days you can't expect him to be the same player he was 5 years ago

More relevant is the fact that we are asking him to play a role he had never played before. He said this himself.

At Burnley he played further up the pitch and was the man who looked after the ball while surrounded by runners and tacklers. We are asking him to be the tackler.

Neither him nor Hutch are ideal. We would be a better team with say Bridcutt or Ryan Woods playing there , both have a better balance between being able to run , tackle and pass and naturally suit the position 

7 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Go back and watch the Leeds game again (just for fun if you like!). Jones did a proper job on Saiz and he'd practically given up playing by about 60 minutes.

Jones does the same dirty work as Hutchinson, but without standing out like a sore thumb to the referee. That's not to say I don't like Hutchinson, but certainly Jones is worthy of his position at the moment.

Go back and watch the United game....the way he was walked past for the lead up to their first goal was a disgrace....he should have been hauled off for that instantly and had his contract paid up. Hutchinson would have took him out on the halfway line and they'd still have been treating him when their second went in, never mind slotting a free kick in the back of the net from just outside the area

For me it's Jones, although I don't think it's quite a case of one or the other. Hutchinson is on his day a fantastic football and can be a real asset for us. Games like Barnsley last year where he was so influential. He does offer that drive and enthusiasm that sometimes is lacking. What lets him down is the obvious questions over his fitness and temperament. It's not really ideal that he's only likely to play 50% of the games. David Jones has proven over a number of years for various different clubs that he gives you consistency I selection which is something I think is key. As for Jones as a player I'm a big fan of him. He keeps his cool where sometimes others don't. He might not be as flashy as a Lee or Bannan or even Hutchinson but he allows those players to play by doing his job. I've said in other threads about him that if he was David Jonas from Spain and not David Jones from Southport he would be judged differently. The only genuinely bad game I remember him having is against Sheffield United which is unfortunate as quite a few of the people slagging him off will have only watched that game.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

How do you explain 4 promotions as a near ever-present in those sides?

Easy.

It's Owlstalk, we all think we know better than the professionals, and be dammed if you think we'll change our opinions based on your reason and logiclol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Easy.

It's Owlstalk, we all think we know better than the professionals, and be dammed if you think we'll change our opinions based on your reason and logiclol

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.......never in the history of humanity has this statement seen a better example than Jones.....other than Boyd perhaps

19 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Happy with Jones until Hutchinson is 100%, then I'd want Hutchinson to return. For me, Jones is getting better and better - though he did start off pretty poor for us last season.

Love these comments, completely discounting what happened in the PO's both seasons when Lopez and then Jones were dropped for Hutch.  We lost/ didn't get promoted.

Jones is not the same player as he was. Looking at his CV is irrelevant. Its about how he is now and it isn't good enough. People saying he breaks up play!!!! How? I have never seen him make a tackle. He breaks up play by fouling that's about it. Hutch is streets ahead of him and I am surprised this is even a debate. PS I don't care how many promotions he has got. I will judge him in a blue and white shirt and up to now he isn't a patch on hutch!

32 minutes ago, Barr Grylls said:

Jones is not the same player as he was. Looking at his CV is irrelevant. Its about how he is now and it isn't good enough. People saying he breaks up play!!!! How? I have never seen him make a tackle. He breaks up play by fouling that's about it. Hutch is streets ahead of him and I am surprised this is even a debate. PS I don't care how many promotions he has got. I will judge him in a blue and white shirt and up to now he isn't a patch on hutch!

who came in for Jones after a 7 match winning streak to lose to Fulham and draw to Hudds away and at home, miss a penalty and ensure we failed to make it to Wembley.

Delusional

20 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Happy with Jones until Hutchinson is 100%, then I'd want Hutchinson to return. For me, Jones is getting better and better - though he did start off pretty poor for us last season.

Spot on. HUTCH HUTCH HUTCH HUTCH HUTCH 

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Love these comments, completely discounting what happened in the PO's both seasons when Lopez and then Jones were dropped for Hutch.  We lost/ didn't get promoted.

Completely discounting the fact that if Hutch had not come on for Lopez at half time at Brighton we probably wouldn't have got to Wembley