After 15 matches it is almost set in stone (STATS) - season 3

Thanks @HirstWhoScoredIt 

Has helped me to take a much more concrete view about Carlos In/Out.

Given CC desire to ge5 to PL in our 150th year and Carlos’s recent statement in which he mentioned he reckoned we’d go up this year, if we fail to track as per trends you’ve highlighted, the evidence would be compelling and not leave any doubt that we should part company with him...concentrate on best possible finish/organise for next year

30 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Excellent post, thank you.

We basically need to win 4 out of next 5 games. 3 wins and a draw would keep the season alive - just.

And that is just to get in the play offs. Automatic is as likely as Kelly Brook knocking on my door and asking to stay the night.

Carry on as we are and after 15 games our season will be over.

Kell Brook or Kelly Brooks? :ph34r:    ...sorry mate.

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Leeds and Derby are tough games. Should be picking up wins at Bolton, Barnsley and Milwall. But I wouldn't back us against a Sunday league side right now. 

Barnsley's another local derby that'll mean an awful lot to them, but just points for us. I'm predicting a difficult game.

Cracking post. Surely in the next 5 games we should be picking up at least 9 points, id expect wins against Bolton away and Barnsley and millwall home, maybe the odd point from leeds or derby. Maybe after the leeds game it would be an ideal time to replace Carlos so that the new manager can take us through what youd say is a relatively easy run of games so that he can instil some confidence into the players and get them used to his tactics against the lesser teams in the league. Or on the flip side stick with Carlos in hope that them 3 matches against Barnsley, Bolton and millwall can be the catalyst for him

I know it's my own post but I don't care its better than most of the poo ....

So bump...

On a wider perspective, why are the site modificatiors not bumping above the absolute poo ....,,....

It really does make you question the point of this site.

A bit like everything Wednesday do at the moment.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

13 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We currently have 13 points from 10 matches.  Are we confident of getting to at least 24?  Can we get to 27? lol

Our next 5 matches to take us to 15 are:-

H v Leeds

A v Bolton

A v Derby

H v Barnsley 

H v Millwall

It's perfectly possible we win all those 5 and get 15 points

Why not?

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

There is no why not.

Have a bet...

I mean we can win these 5 games and get 15 points. It's not as if we aren't perfectly capable of doing so

Would I bet on it?

No, I'd rather we did it than have the money, so rather bet against it so I'd get some compensation if we don't

Edited by owlandished

Superb post @HirstWhoScoredIt

I do like to see something on here that has had some effort put into it. 

I did see it first thing this morning. But stats and mornings are no bedfellows in my brain. 

So I waited until now to give it my full attention.  jJst read through that with a cup of tea and some shortbread. Great stat analysis! 

40 minutes ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

This is a cracking OP, and does show the importance of every game, something that whether he gets it or not, CC does not demonstrate a grasp of.

Too true! Ominous stats belie CC's bullish  assertion that he is '100% sure' we will be promoted this season. He seems, as you say, to have the strange notion that points dropped early in the season somehow won't affect our final league position because we will 'get better'! Also heartbreaking that stats would suggest that with only 10 games gone we can already discount automatic promotion.