George Hirst

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The interesting thing is not the lack of respect to the fans. Or club. That doesn't really bother me. 

It's the bigging up of a player (acquaintance  or not) of your employers biggest rival.  When the moment in question is an embarrassing for one of your work colleagues. 

That's the bit I don't get.

If twitter had been around in the day I wonder what would have happened if a youth player had tweeted a like on a picture of big Nige Pearson getting megged. Truth is...it wouldn't have happened. 

Still.  Kids these days. They're obsessed with megs. 

Facebook is full of videos with 500,000 views of a megging. 

I think some of them would rather be remembered as a legendary megging GIF than actually win a league title these days.

Celebrities. Blah blah. 

By Christ. 

2 hours sleep I must have had in the last 24.

Time to turn in.

Everything about football is doing me in at the moment. 

Agree about your comment regarding football doing you in. Listening to the radio the other day they were talking about Messi possibly  being paid a million a week. What really got me was those talking about didn't think that was unreasonable. 

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I bet McScrooge was rubbing his hands when Brooks had a good game on TV. Ker-ching. :stuwinky:

Said yesterday agents up and down the country will be looking up wilders number ready for January. Brooks agent will be will be busy this morning touting him round premiership clubs. 

1 minute ago, darra said:

Said yesterday agents up and down the country will be looking up wilders number ready for January. Brooks agent will be will be busy this morning touting him round premiership clubs. 

And he's just signed a new deal hasn't he?

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Yep, new deal got his head down and worked hard unlike our 'prospect' who seems to think we should offer him a fat contract before he's actually done owt.

Ah but he scored a big goal for Ingerland. so he is officially a global megastar. We should give him a Bentley and stick another £25k per week on the offer isfwe want to keep such an established star like him.

Just remind me though, who laid on the goal for him in the final and who was the player of the tournament? Oh yes, some kid called Brooks.....

3 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Ah but he scored a big goal for Ingerland. so he is officially a global megastar. We should give him a Bentley and stick another £25k per week on the offer isfwe want to keep such an established star like him.

Just remind me though, who laid on the goal for him in the final and who was the player of the tournament? Oh yes, some kid called Brooks.....

Who also happens to be 2 years older (and much better) than Hirst 

• Like 1

The annoying this is is that this kid will likely become a superstar in the near future and we have managed to f*ck up what could potentially be a great asset for us.  True, our strikers haven't really been the problem of late but get him on the bench or play him in the cup games, loan him out, anything but get him playing. No excuses for being a numpty here but he's a young lad who's obviously got a a lot of talent and has clearly shown a lack of judgement.  It's gonna be very hard to see him banging in goals for however gets him next.  

Edited by Jazzybmzoo

30 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

The annoying this is is that this kid will likely become a superstar in the near future and we have managed to f*ck up what could potentially be a great asset for us.  True, our strikers haven't really been the problem of late but get him on the bench or play him in the cup games, loan him out, anything but get him playing. No excuses for being a numpty here but he's a young lad who's obviously got a a lot of talent and has clearly shown a lack of judgement.  It's gonna be very hard to see him banging in goals for however gets him next.  

Lot of if buts and maybes in your post mate mind you as they say that's life. 

George bang out of order, has the brains of a rocking horse if he is going to post tweets such as he did publicly in such circumstances.

Re his situation and Brooks, who is 2 years older. Brooks was destined to go on loan to Chesterfield this season but did well for England. George would probably have gone on loan, maybe to a League One club had he signed a contract. So Wednesday and United had set out similar pathways for these youngsters, with George ahead of Brooks in that a loan was possibly going to happen at an earlier age! I would be interested to know what contracts both were on last season, but I suspect George would have been on equal money if not more. 

As I see it it's not a question of his development as such, he wants more cash and unfortunately we can't compete with PL clubs. Can't altogether blame him but his actions have certainly accelerated his departure IMO, but maybe that was his intention, who knows?

In all honesty I'm getting bored of hearing about George Hirst.

He's clearly not going to sign a new deal so get what we can for him in January, insert a decent sell on clause and get rid.

If his name was George Smith there wouldn't be half the fuss over him and regardless of how good his dad was, there are no guarantees that he'll go on to be any good.

From what I've heard the club have made him a generous offer and if he doesn't want to take it then you can't go breaking the bank for a youngster unproven at first team level.

On a day when our striking options on the bench was an £8m striker who cant score, a guy who has been on loan and days at the club are numbered because our manager won't play him and the other is a striker who has not scored a league goal in over 18 months (23rd Feb 2016) we have a young hungry striker that at every level including youth international has scored a lot of goals. But for some reason our manager does not rate him, but our managers record with youth is none existent.

In 2 seasons and this so far no youth players have broken into our squad and become first team regulars. Since Carlos has been here Wildsmith has made 11 appearance mainly in the cup, Hirst 1 appearance, Lavery 2 appearances, Stobbs 1 sub appearance, Dawson 4 appearances, O'Grady 1 appearance. So in over 2 season just 20 appearance by the future of our club.

Good luck George on your move to Leicester or Everton and in a few years when you are a full England international and banging in 20+ goals a season we can look back at another young talent we lost out on because we have such a blinked manager that only plays older past it players.