George Hirst

1 minute ago, Internationowl said:

Although this is a poor decision from him, and footballers would probably be best advised to avoid social media altogether. Let alone like/retweet/favourite etc. A post from a bitter rival embarrassing your own team! He has seemingly been frozen out of the youth team, and he's not selected for the first team.. being held at ransom until he signs a long contract (or wait a few months and get a much better contract).

Why the hell would he have any loyalty to swfc? Would you? Or if it was your son?

Just another very badly handled situation under the great Mr C.

He's not being held to ransom - thats ridiculous

He's been in negotiations and can't reach agreement - happens all the time in football

Because of the impasse we need to move on and focus on the players who are going to be here - not inhibit their cahnces at the expense of a player who is leaving

I don't get why so many people seem to have difficulty with that

Just now, scram said:

He's been in negotiations and can't reach agreement - happens all the time in football

Because of the impasse we need to move on and focus on the players who are going to be here - not inhibit their cahnces at the expense of a player who is leaving

100% agree Scram. As I've already said he's backed himself into a corner and unless he tries to get out of said corner can't see him playing for us again and rightly so.

6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Hes a Sheffield Wednesday player.

if that means nothing to him - bye.

And the other one as well. I can't understand some people on here. They complain about a lack of effort and passion amongst our players but will try and condone whats tantamount to treachery. Get rid of both of them ASAP.

Edited by Eastleigh Owl

Just now, Internationowl said:

He's 18. So he's not a grown up. I personally think it's a bit idiotic, but all it says to me is that he prefers david brooks to swfc right now, and i can't really blame him for that. Bit pissed off with swfc myself right now.

Of course he's a grown up. If he wants to negotiate big money with the adults then he will be expected to behave like one too.

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'll be honest- I'm really not at all upset by an 18 year old's cryptic tweet. How many TrueFan points do I get deducted?

Some very thin skinned supporters around. Perhaps they are the ones that should stay off social media.

Absolutely not - you can’t defend it surely. 

You go and watch Wednesday get outplayed by United at home - paying a fortune for the privilege - walk out feeling shte - and one of your own players reaction is to big up one of the players that did it to you.

its about as disrespectful to the supporters as you can possibly get.

if he’s his mate I get he might want to give him a nod - but don’t do it so your own supporters have to see.

1 minute ago, darra said:

100% agree Scram. As I've already said he's backed himself into a corner and unless he tries to get out of said corner can't see him playing for us again and rightly so.

Not really a bad corner though is it?

Sign for Wednesday for £X.

or wait until June and sign for a PL club where you'll probably have a better chance of playing for £4X

4 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

He's 18. So he's not a grown up. I personally think it's a bit idiotic, but all it says to me is that he prefers david brooks to swfc right now, and i can't really blame him for that. Bit pissed off with swfc myself right now.

Since when were 18 year olds not grown up? 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

To be fair to GH, I've not heard he's made himself unavailable for selection.

By refusing to sign a contract it could be argued that he has. Why should the club continue to develop a youth player who is unlikely to stay at the club possibly past January?

6 minutes ago, scram said:

I agree with this,  absolutely bored to death with the Hirst debate me 

Just now, ka58 said:

Absolutely not - you can’t defend it surely. 

You go and watch Wednesday get outplayed by United at home - paying a fortune for the privilege - walk out feeling shte - and one of your own players reaction is to big up one of the players that did it to you.

its about as disrespectful to the supporters as you can possibly get.

if he’s his mate I get he might want to give him a nod - but don’t do it so your own supporters have to see.

You're really that upset by an 18 year old lad's tweet? You think it's 'about as disrespectful to supporters as you can possibly get'

Christ, stop the world- I'm getting off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Please don't try and patronise. I'm not one for internet arguments. The kid is probably the best prospect we've had come out of the academy in, i don't know how long. And how have the club handled it? He'll be going for naff all, in january or july, to have a good career at a more successful club. Nice one Wednesday.

Meanwhile, his mate's skinning our right back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So what's the comment about Carlos's squad selection being a reason for Hirst not signing up then? 

The original comment was that Carlos doesn’t handle contracts insinuating that the George Hirst situation had nothing to do with C.C. I was suggesting it does, because of his comments about embryos that he’s made in the past. Things like that surely must have added fuel to the fire in situations...just like George Hirst like of a SUFC players post about a youth player playing in the derby. Something which an ambitious player like Hirst seems to want.

Not wanting to get in to an argument about it, seems to be plenty of that going off tonight anyway

Edited by Stevelknievel

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Correct. We have every right to negotiate to our benefit. You don't behave like a petulant child and spit in the face of the fans who have done NOTHING to GH.

1 minute ago, darra said:

By refusing to sign a contract it could be argued that he has. Why should the club continue to develop a youth player who is unlikely to stay at the club possibly past January?

So he should just sign a contract below his market value?

If you knew you could earn 3 times as much money in another job, and you knew there was a good chance you could get that job, would you tie yourself down for 4 years on a third of the salary you could be getting?

(I'm guessing those figures, but could well be the case)