George Hirst

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm talking more from the other side of things- people automatically seem to assume that if we match what's on offer he'd sign, but maybe he won't. After all, Leicester are an established PL club with state of the art facilities-  we are a team that has been 'yoyo-big' between the second and third tiers for the last 15 years, with a ropey training ground and a terrible record of bringing youngsters through.

I agree, he might choose not to stay with us even if we were to match it but what my last post said in answer to yours is that we shouldn't just accept £2M if we feel they should be offering more.

To play devils advocate. Some say that Hirst has played for England so his wage should reflect that even if it breaks the pay structure by making him the highest earner. By that example Bannon is our only established international having played the last two game. Should be our highest earner? Actually we can add Nuhihu to that scenario. 

For those 'ITK', I'd be interested to understand if this situation has reached the point of no return. 

And I'd there are 2 ways to look at this situation. Whether we should do a deal, and whether he would want to stay anyway.

As for  the first one, although I've never seen him play, his record indicates we would be mad not to push the boat out. As for the 2nd point, I'd be amazed if the lad wanted to stay now anyway. 

If we are refusing to pick him unless he signs a new deal, I'd tell us **** right off, and sit on my fat harris until I empty my locker and start my career somewhere else.