George Hirst

20 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Sorry, whose wage bill ?

I must apologise, never realised you had run a football club - which league ?

SUFC's, all clubs accounts are in the public domain, you don't need to run one to be privy to historical account information

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

SUFC's, all clubs accounts are in the public domain, you don't need to run one to be privy to historical account information

How much is Brooks on then?

19 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He's been offered a hell of a lot more than his mate Brooks is on. 

Not having that, he'll be asking for more than he's on though I reckon but he's not at the same level 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

How much is Brooks on then?

You know full well accounts don't tell you. They do, in most cases, publish wage expenditure however and it is that of which you can use to form an opinion.  Anyway, I'd be happy to wager it's not as much as his England colleagues that are at PL clubs which I also expect Hirst was using in his negotiations considering the claimed interest from Leicester and Everton

Guest Deleted member
30 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

You know full well accounts don't tell you. They do, in most cases, publish wage expenditure however and it is that of which you can use to form an opinion.  Anyway, I'd be happy to wager it's not as much as his England colleagues that are at PL clubs which I also expect Hirst was using in his negotiations considering the claimed interest from Leicester and Everton

So you haven't a clue.

Ok

If SWFC are deliberately harming the development of one of their own young players then it is pathetic and shameful. The result will be losing this player, and since this sort of behaviour will not going unobserved, likely to make other parents of young players with choices more wary of signing them on at SWFC.

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

If SWFC are deliberately harming the development of one of their own young players then it is pathetic and shameful. The result will be losing this player, and since this sort of behaviour will not going unobserved, likely to make other parents of young players with choices more wary of signing them on at SWFC.

How are the club harming his development when the contract offer went along with a pledge to send him out on loan so that he could continue his development. However it appears that the young Mr Hirst has been advised not to sign the contract and therefore is putting himself in limbo for a year where he will play little competitive football.

Therefore money has been put before his development and I'm not sure the club is at fault here - bear in mind that we do pay wages at the top end of the Championship level and so it should be reasonable to assume he has been given a relatively generous offer.