George Hirst

3 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Hadn't seen this fresh evidence from Kivo.

Evidence? He's not shown any which doesn't surprise me.

As for him liking a tweet, seriously who cares? It's only recently twitter went down this seeing what other people liked on timelines, he probably didnt realise the can of worms it would open. It should not be the issue it's been made out to be.

As for his contract it seems some of our supporters live in the same kind of bubble he and his advisors do. 

Brooks is a far more acompliahed player than he and I'd bet he signed his contract for a fraction of what GH is asking for. Good luck to him when he leaves but I won't shed any tears.

As for Jordan Rhodes, I can't believe some of you still think he can cut it at this level. Not good enough 

Guest Deleted member
32 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

As for him liking a tweet, seriously who cares? It's only recently twitter went down this seeing what other people liked on timelines, he probably didnt realise the can of worms it would open. It should not be the issue it's been made out to be.

As for his contract it seems some of our supporters live in the same kind of bubble he and his advisors do. 

Brooks is a far more acompliahed player than he and I'd bet he signed his contract for a fraction of what GH is asking for. Good luck to him when he leaves but I won't shed any tears.

As for Jordan Rhodes, I can't believe some of you still think he can cut it at this level. Not good enough 

In the same post you have a go at kivo for making claims without evidence

Then suggest that Hirst is probably asking for more than Brooks

Nothing hypocritical about that

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

In the same post you have a go at kivo for making claims without evidence

Then suggest that Hirst is probably asking for more than Brooks

Nothing hypocritical about that

Mine's an opinion not a claim of fact 

Get ya self a Horlicks Nigel

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

He was outstanding that's why! 

Mugged us off good and proper. Pig or not you have to appreciate performances like that. 

Indeed you do and the fearlessness and confidence in his own ability in such an important game was mightily impressive.

That was in stark contrast to our players who seem seemed mentally weak, nervous and overawed by the occasion. Probably a hangover from 2 consecutive playoff defeats. 

5 hours ago, Animis said:

The stats yesterday had us 2 shots on target and we scored 2 goals - they had 7 and Harvey leading their line.

We seem to struggle to create clear chances - it's not just yesterday, and IMO indicative of the style of play.

In 10 of our last 14 league and play-off games, we have had 3 shots on target or less. In 6 of those it was 2 or fewer.

It is a recurring theme and only the quality of our forward players (Hooper in particular) that has saved us from an embarrassing goals return.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

On what basis do you feel Brooks is a more accomplished player ? As for your bet, what is that based on ? Hunch, gut feel or just flying a kite ? So our local talent can leave in your opinion ? Tosh.

1 minute ago, Reallondonowl said:

On what basis do you feel Brooks is a more accomplished player ? As for your bet, what is that based on ? Hunch, gut feel or just flying a kite ? So our local talent can leave in your opinion ? Tosh.

It's based on having watched them both play :biggrin:

My bet is based on having an understanding of their wage bill and the interest from PL clubs in GH, it's really not a difficult opinion to reach. 

And yes he can, and will leave if we don't reach an agreement which looks extremely unlikely

14 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

In 10 of our last 14 league and play-off games, we have had 3 shots on target or less. In 6 of those it was 2 or fewer.

It is a recurring theme and only the quality of our forward players (Hooper in particular) that has saved us from an embarrassing goals return.

Wow, those are pretty damning statistics. 

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

How many games have you seen, actually seen, since Rhodes joined us in January?

How many of Rhodes career goals has he created out of nothing, or from where hes received the ball on the edge of the area, with his back to goal, when the ball has been received at chest height? Because thats how WE play the ball to him.

Rhodes is a sniffer, he needs the ball dropped into the box, crosses, through balls, passes that arent necessarily to feet, flicks off his head etc etc. We don't play like that. Carlos likes our wide men to take the ball into the box themselves - whether its FF, Wallace, Reach or whoever. We do not play to Rhodes strength. I dont give a flying f*** what he did at Middlesborough. He scored 6 goals in 18 appearances for them in the Championship (if you inc sub appearances) - in the same season that he scored 11 for Blackburn at the bottom end of the Championship. Hes an absolutely prolific Championship scorer. When you play to his strengths.

Having spent £10m on him - I'd much rather we played to his strengths - than try and get him to fit into a team that is failing

Bang on. And for me it doesn't matter who is in charge of recruitment. I don't care who bought the players or picked the players to be brought to the club. The fact is we need a manager who can get the best out of the players we have and CC is failing at that job.

1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

Bang on. And for me it doesn't matter who is in charge of recruitment. I don't care who bought the players or picked the players to be brought to the club. The fact is we need a manager who can get the best out of the players we have and CC is failing at that job.

Sadly  agree

I'm now heartily sick of this type of football  

You can see the message now....

Dear Carlos, I know that we have several established strikers/goalscorers in the team like Nuhiu, Joao, Forestieri, Fletcher and Hooper, but I thought that rather than spend most of it on two centre halves, two wingers and a central midfield player, I would rather spend most of the £15M we were talking about the other day on a couple of strikers and you can help us to negotiate loans with options to buy and spend the change on the other players we need. Jordan Rhodes has scored lots of goals and Sam Winnall is the second highest scorer in the league right now, so I know you will not mind. We will be top of the division by October lol. Love and best wishes......

If he wants to go he's going to turn down any contract offered to him and Leicester or Everton or Leeds can just sit and wait any compensation paid will be less than what could have been negotiated before all this went off.All thats happened now is both sides are digging their heels in and nothing good will come out of it for us and George and his dad will have lost any love they had for the club its all very sad.